“Depends on what room you get”

Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at this property. My first night on this trip I was not given a room on the internal courtyard. The exterior room was noisy and had a sliding glass door that went straight to the parking lot (odd!).

They were able to switch my room for the second night and it was much better. The property doesn't have much around it as far as nightlife or restaurants...but it is great for a business stay. It was clean and seemed well kept. It did have a musty smell in the halls this time...not sure what that was about.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear BQ Traveler
Thank you for coming back for the second leg of your trip and staying with us again! I am glad to hear that we were able to accommodate your request for a courtyard room. Our courtyard rooms tend to be very popular with the great view of the pool and cactus garden and we do our best to make our guest requests happen. On your next visit we would be very happy to provide you with our list of restaurants within walking distance. There is a variety of options in the area for our guests from sandwich shops to steakhouse to Italian.
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

From the moment we got here, we enjoyed every minute. We spent 9 nights, view of the pool, bed so comfy, i slept like a log. Fab internet service, large screen tv, clean bathroom, nothing bad to say! We liked that the bathroom was large with a nice sink area outside the toilet, shower room. Frig, no microwave.

Room Tip: Room 322 was great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyMiss37
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear HappyMiss37
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! It's a fabulous time of year to be visiting Mesa and I hope that you found some time to not only enjoy a view of the pool, but to actually soak up some sun and go for a swim! On your next visit please check with the front desk if you would like a microwave as we do have some available for guest use. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

From James at check in to Johnny at the Bistro this place is solid. It's a nice hotel but its the staff that makes this place great. I'm on the road all year and have stayed at 1000's of hotels but I've never met a friendlier staff anywhere except $1000 a night resorts. I was surprised how good the food and service was in the Bistro. Johnny is outstanding at taking care of the guests and James makes you feel welcome from the minute you walk in the door. I have many choices when traveling and this is the only place I'll stay when I'm in Arizona. I really can't think of anything they could improve on. I also can't forget the nice woman that drove me to the Hospital when I hurt my ankle. It didn't happen at the hotel but they still drove me to the hospital and picked me up when I was done. Whoever hired the staff at this hotel should be commended. You truly have some great people working for you. They make your business stand out from others.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zootstinsky
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Zootstinsky
I am so happy to hear that we are your hotel of choice when you visit Arizona! Thank you for recognizing our great team members James, Johnny and Karen. We also have many more back of the house associates just as dedicated which makes our entire team able to be so successful with creating a great guest experience. I hope that your ankle is healing and trust that you had a safe trip home. I look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our family was traveling to visit relatives, and we stayed here as a matter of convenience. However, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The hotel was clean, the grounds in the courtyard surrounding the pool pleasing, and the rooms comfortable. I have traveled quite a bit, and I have never experienced such a friendly and helpful staff. They went out of their way to be helpful and provide whatever we needed. A good place to stay if you are traveling in the Mesa/Tempe/Phoenix area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ddaborn
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear exit148
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations! I appreciate you acknowledging our amazing team, they are definitely a reason to come back. Thank you for staying with us and recommending our hotel to others.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I would stay again, nice patio door to the outside private courtyard. I wish it had a microwave and hairdryer. But it was a great place to stay while enjoying the sunny Arizona sun. We wish they would have given us the third night for the same price, we would have stayed a few more days, but they didn't so we left. We should have gotten the same deal for a few more nights.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Nona216
It's always wonderful to hear that a guest would stay again, thank you for your business! I am sorry that you did not locate your hairdryer - they are stored in the closet in each room. Also, we do have a limited number of microwaves for guest use, it just takes a call to the front desk to inquire if we have one available (no charge!). It is unfortunate that we were unable to extend your stay at the same rate, our rates and 'deals' may fluctuate on a daily basis. I hope you enjoyed your short time with us soaking up some Arizona sun, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I stayed here with a friend the week of Nov 29- Dec 6, 2013. I have never had a more pleasant stay ANYWHERE. The entire staff, from Cathy, who checked us in, Stacy and Shawn, who were up to greet me at 3 and 4 am when I was restless and still on East Coast time, to Johnny in the Bistro, the Housekeeping staff, and anyone else who's name I didn't get!! The accommodations are beautiful and represented perfectly in the photos. But the biggest thing was my friend was ill while I was away in LA and the staff made sure she got to Urgent Care, her prescription filled and returned safely in the room... Man... what a staff. Thank you Thank you Thank you to the team at Courtyard by Marriott in Mesa, Az. Tassie from VA

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tassie C
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Tassie C
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to let others know about our hotel. I truly feel that it is our great team of associates that turn a hotel stay into a home away from home. I am glad to hear that we were able to assist and help make a difference for you and your guest. Thank you for acknowledging so many by name, I will be sure that everyone is aware of the positive impact that they made for you. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

A friend of mine and I made a less than 24-hour trip from Tucson to Mesa in November, 2013 to see Peter Yarrow and Noel Paul Stookey in concert (fabulous, by the way). This property has a lovely interior, which is warm and welcoming - more like a luxury hotel than a basic motel. Our room had two queen beds and enough accessible electrical outlets to charge electronic devices for a family of four. It was extremely quiet at night, and once we closed the blackout curtains, extremely dark. Given the quick nature of our trip and our desire to be close to the Mesa Arts Center (see my review of that!), we did not have time to use the fitness center or pool, nor did we have time for the free breakfast as we had to leave well before 7 a.m. And that is my sole quibble. I think they could easily provide some grab and go breakfast foods and hot drinks for people who have to leave before 7 a.m. Otherwise, it was a fine place to spend the night, and I would certainly return if I visit Mesa again.

Room Tip: If there are rooms with a view, ask for one. Our room overlooked the parking lot, which was fine for...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank SusanK0628
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear SusanK0628
What a great reason to visit Mesa! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your brief stay with us and that you had a fabulous time at the concert at the Mesa Arts Center. I appreciate the feedback regarding your stay with us and hope that you can visit again to use all of our facilities. We offer a variety of rates and packages, both with and without breakfast so that travelers can find the right fit for them. I'm sorry that your early departure meant that you weren't able to enjoy the breakfast included in your package. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again!