“Nice property + very good service”

Courtyard Phoenix Mesa
Ranked #12 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Seattle, Washington
“Nice property + very good service”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I rarely book at a Marriott and this hotel exceeded my expectations in so many ways. Property was clean, updated, and the pool area had a variety of cactus with labels which was interesting for us since it was our first trip to AZ. The pool area had plenty of lounge chairs and towels already placed on the back rests. Even some of the pricier hotels have you pick up the towel. Front desk and bistro staff were very courteous especially to my 8 year old daughter. Appetizers and breakfast were just as good or better than the popular chain restaurants. Would stay again and recommend to anyone looking for good hotel value in Mesa.

Room Tip: Rooms the pool side are much better if you don't mind the noise. Staff does try to limit noise...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear RMG7526: Welcome back to Marriott! Hopefully this stay with us will assist in making you a loyal Marriott traveler. We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad that you enjoyed our cactus garden in the courtyard, it is my favorite feature! Our team will be happy to welcome you and your daughter back again. Safe travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Came to town for a concert. Stayed a few nights, great pool area. Pretty views from the room. Very nice and helpful staff. The elevator was out of order during the night and none of the ice machines worked but exercise is good, right. I'd stay again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank mike m
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Mike M: Thank you so much for staying with us on your concert visit. We do apologize regarding our elevator, we are currently undergoing elevator upgrades one wing at a time and do our best to accommodate guest preferences for wing choice with a working elevator. Thank you for your business, we are happy to hear you will be back!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2014

You can tell that it wasn't always a Courtyard, but they have made it quite nice. Rooms not as big as most Courtyards, but they have nice comfy beds and sofa! Had ground floor interior room with patio right off of pool. Quiet. Breakfast was perfect, not your typical continental either. Staff were all polite. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: Select interior, probably less noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear swimdesertrat: Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that you found our beds comfortable and enjoyed your breakfast in The Bistro. We look forward to seeing you again!
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

First time we have stayed at a Courtyard. Comprehensive check in by an enthusiastic young man whose name I cannot remember, very welcoming.
The hotel is located in a quiet area but close to the Fiesta Mall and a few restaurants. It is also only a couple of minutes from US60.
The lobby area and the adjoining cafe was very bright and modern. We had a third (top) floor room with a small balcony overlooking the inner courtyard and pool area.
All the rooms had a balcony or patio apart from the ground floor rooms on the outside onto the parking lot.
The room was clean and in good decorative order. The pool was on the small side and there are plenty of chairs and tables for enjoying the warm evenings in the outside courtyard area. WiFi connection was good.
We were very impressed with this Courtyard and would stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank gerardty
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Gerardty
Welcome to Courtyard by Marriott! We are thrilled to be your first Courtyard experience and very happy to learn that you were impressed and would return. Thank you for acknowledging so many of the great features of our hotel so that other potential guests are able to make informed decisions about their travel options. We hope to welcome you and your family back again!
Roseville, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

While I chose this hotel due to the close proximity to our office I was visiting, I was pleasantly surprised by the staff and grounds. Everyone I interacted with was pleasant and helpful. I especially want to make note of the Bistro staff I recall, my sincere apologies in advance if I misspell their names; Carrie, Joe, Eric , Isella, and Ellen.
My room was spacious enough (just right) to make my week long stay pleasant. The room was well appointed and comfortable. While this is not the luxury of the big H down the block, it will be my next choice when I am back in town. Thank you, Brian (DakotaWiner)

Room Tip: The rooms facing the street are quiet, there is little to no traffic at night.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dakotawiner
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Brian
Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that our Bistro team was able to make your stay pleasant and I appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge them by name. I will be sure to pass this on to them. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Have stayed this location many times past. Beautifully maintained property, upgraded interior decor throughout. Same noisy wall unit air conditioners. Close to freeway, but tucked away from noisy street traffic. Clean throughout. Comfortable stay. Great for kids. Bathrooms basic. Nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Bradley W: We love return guests! Thank you for your loyalty and continuing to stay with us. Our team works hard to maintain our standards and we appreciate you noticing. I apologize that you found the air conditioning unit noisy, we are working to resolve this. Thank you for recommending our hotel to others, we hope to see you again soon.
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hotel was wonderful. The staff was amazing. Happy hour was fantastic. Front desk staff were very helpful. Everyone made you feel like family. Thanks to Gage, Erik and Patrick. You guys were awesome. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Liked our rooms on the 1st level close to the pool. Handy for the smoker we had.
Green Features: Loved the big cooler of ice water with different fruits. Looked forward to checking out what the flavor of the day was.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
ManagerCYMesa, General Manager at Courtyard Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Sheila P
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation! I'm glad that you took the opportunity to enjoy Happy Hour in The Bistro and I appreciate you acknowledging Gage, Erik and Patrick. I will be sure that they are aware of your feedback. We hope to see you again!