“Much better than expected.”

Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix
Ranked #5 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Detroit Lakes, Minnesota
“Much better than expected.”
Reviewed 18 April 2012

Purchased an Allegiant Air package to Mesa. Booked the Days Hotel thinking it would be adequate. Much better than I expected. The staff is wonderful, especially Jovanni. Had a warm welcome including freshly baked cookies. The breakfast is fit for a king as it has everything from eggs to fresh fruit. The pool area is large and well groomed. The exercise facility has lots of good equipment. I would highly recommend this hotel and would surely stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are very quiet and convenient to the back entrance.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DaysHotelMesa, General Manager at Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Hello....thank you for your nice review. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay; booking a package through Allegiant Air. It's nice to hear you were "pleasantly surprised." We hope we can be your home away from home on your next visit from Minnesota. Jovanni read your review and was so excited to see his name! Thank you. Glad you folks liked the fresh baked cookies at check-in as well. We hope to see you again in the near future! Kind Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Moodus, CT
Reviewed 18 April 2012

After being a "road warrior" for my job for 15 years and staying in more hotels/motels/inns then I care to remember, this hotel is a gem! The Staff is excellent, from Marcia the GM down to the breakfast attendents. Always greeted with a smile, even when we checked in at midnight, and no request went unanswered. The price and location of this hotel are also great.
The pool and surrounding area are kept clean and inviting. And I love the huge Palm trees! We have had the poolside King rooms on both of our week long stays and just love it.
Great bed, free Wifi, hot breakfast, clean pool. Small refrigerator and microwave. Life is good
My Mom and Sister were staying in the next room and had a problem with their A/C unit. Wiithin 30 minutes, it was replaced by 2 female staffers. And with a smile.
As I told Marcia, some of the "Big Boys" could learn a thing or two from her and her staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Greetings Doug! Thank you for your awesome review. We really enjoyed having you and your family stay with us! We are so glad to hear you folks enjoyed your stay! I have such a wonderful staff that make it all happen! We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next visit. E-mail me when you're coming to town again. Hopefully, sometime this year. Take care and thank you again! Kind Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Nice location - couple minutes from I60, about 15 minutes to Phoenix downtown, 10 minutes to Airport!
Low prices - We stayed here first time in April 2010, paid about $70/night. We decided to go to Phoenix again in April 2012 and based on the good experience first time around, decided to stay here again in a suite at competitive price.
Includes NICE breakfast bar - cereals, pancakes, juices, coffee, egg, hash brown - you get the idea!
Has a pool and fitness room in the back and computer room near the front desk. Free wifi is available. The staff is very friendly, helpful and respectful.
Beds are comfortable and all rooms are clean, neat and tidy.

Ample parking available, free.

It is our (wife and I) tradition - every vacation we go on, we rent the car from airport and on way to the hotel make a quick stop at local store to get quick supplies - snacks, water bottles etc. This hotel is a walking distance from Walmart and Costco. Right next door is a gas station which is open 24/7.

Room Tip: All rooms are good room. Might enjoy pool view room on 2nd/3rd floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
DaysHotelMesa, General Manager at Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Greetings! Thank you for your wonderful comments! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for coming back after two years. Hopefully, it won't be two years the next time. We would love to have you back in the near future. Sounds like our location was perfect for you and I will let our Chefs know you and your wife enjoyed our breakfast. We hope to see you again real soon. Call me or e-mail me directly to make your next reservation. Kind Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager
Searcy, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I just recently stayed there for three nights. It is an older property that is kept very well. I had the ability to stay in one of the King Suites. All I can say about that was it was AWESOME! Plenty of room.

The staff was great; the General Manager Marcia helped me pick the best room to reserve and was wonderful. All of the staff was super friendly. The breakfast was good with some variety from day to day.

I have already made reservations for my next trip. It is very convenient to stores and restaurants. Wal-Mart is close by for those of us that always forget things. A grocery store is within a block as well as Walgreens and a variety of places to eat. I chose this hotel because it was convenient to the area I needed to be in. My only regret was that I didn't stay here on earlier visits to the area.

Room Tip: Go for the King Suites. They are GREAT!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
DaysHotelMesa, General Manager at Days Hotel Mesa Near Phoenix, responded to this review, 15 April 2012
Hi Barry! Good to hear from you! Thank you for your review and comments! I will pass along to the staff. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the King Suite! That's my favorite room in the entire hotel as it is very spacious! Glad we were able to find a room that meeted your needs! We can't wait to see you again. Hopefully, we can be your home away from home. Take care and we will see you soon! Kind Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 April 2012

The Days Inn Hotel Mesa Country Club looks a little older, but top notch as far as an economical location goes. The rooms were very clean and the service is pretty friendly. There is a small pool and a small whirlpool as well. The fitness center could stand to be upgraded. The full breakfast is complimentary and pretty good considering it was free. The hotel is not far from the highway and has a few restaurants in the general vicinity.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Erich G
Hi Erich. Thank you for your review and comments. We apprecaite it! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We do plan on doing a little updating to our fitness center this year and possibly next year as well. When will you be in the area again? We hope to see you in the near future! Thank you for your business! Kind Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager
Denver, CO
Reviewed 31 March 2012

Excellent location just off the freeway, staff friendly and helpful, hot breakfast was wonderful! The reviews for this hotel were great and so my expectations were high but they were met. We had a room right off the pool so that made it extra nice as we had a sliding door leading to the pool area instead of one on the other side of the hotel, so I definitely recommend requesting that location.

Room Tip: ask for a pool side
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your review and comments! I have printed out your review for our entire staff to read...they will appreciate your wonderful comments. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed the poolside room! The poolside rooms are wonderful if you are traveling with kids. When do you think you and your family will be coming down from Denver, again? We would love to accommodate you. Send me an e-mail directly and we will take care of you. Thank you again for your business. Warm Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager
Scranton, Iowa
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Wonderful experience with the personable manager and hotel staff. Excellent breakfast with many choices of hot & cold food. Rooms clean and well maintained. Heated pool, hot tub and excercise facilities very good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Hello Brandi, Thank you for your comments. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I advised the staff of your lovely comments! Hope you will be joining us again next year or even in the near future! How's the weather in Iowa treating you? Call me or e-mail me directly to make your next reservation. Thank you again and have a great upcoming summer! Regards, Marcia McDowell, General Manager