“Not a 3 star”

Ranked #22 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Surrey, BC
“Not a 3 star”
Reviewed 20 April 2008

We stayed there April 12, 08 for one nite. There was no stopper in the bathroom sink,
The outside of the window was only cleaned up to my eye level which left the top looking very dirty.
The hotel's 5 stories surrounded the pool on 3 sides so it doesen't get sun until aprox 2:30. This hotel isn't as good as the Best Western Dobson Ranch and charges considerably more. They are both very convenient to Freeways and Restaurants.

Stayed April 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 7 April 2008

We had a suite and it was great! Wonderful staff and service. Nice views and the pool area is really neat and tidy.

• Liked — extremely clean for how big it is and how many people were there...
  • Disliked — that we couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank wingnut41
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Coming into Phoenix for a long Easter weekend, we decided to try the Holiday Inn & Suites in Mesa/Chandler. It was great! We stayed for 4 nights, and were very greeted by a courteous and friendly staff, very clean room, and just overall a very pleasant experience. The large courtyard in the middle with the pool and waterfall was beautiful. The room was large, and the king size bed was firm. (We have stayed at a few hotels with "taco beds" in the past) The location was an excellent suburban area, where we had access to all major freeways, but felt very safe. We left for one of the days, and forgot to take off our "do not disturb" sign, so we came back later that evening and our room was not made up, which was our own fault. We called down to the front desk and asked if we could just have a few clean towels brought up, and within 10 minutes a very pleasant woman was at our door with towels, and offered to tidy up our room for us! The Easter Buffet was great, and a good value. I think we have found a real gem in Mesa, and will defineatly be back.

• Liked — atmosphere, cleanliness, staff, service
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer!!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank St_Paul_MNBluesman
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 10 December 2007

Received this hotel for $40 as a "3 star" priceline hotel. I don't think it's really 3-star -- at least if you're comparing it to Marriotts, Hiltons, etc. That said, it's certainly nicer than your typical Holiday Inn, with a pretty nice lobby and better-than-your-typical-Holiday Inn linens and decor Location next to Highway 60 is convenient, and the hotel wasn't too noisy. Nicely landscaped grounds. Beds were fairly good but, sadly, 2 doubles instead of 2 queens.

The thing that boosted my rating to 4 stars instead of 3 was the breakfast deal. Only $7.95 including beverages, and kids are free. Not a gourmet spread, but above average for this type of hotel. If you're travelling with kids, it's an excellent deal.

Stayed December 2007
2 Thank Dave's_reviews
noway
Reviewed 28 November 2007

My husband and I had a horrible experience here. The room was nice and the staff that worked at night was nice. We accidentally locked ourselves out of our room by bolting the inside door and exiting the back door. (You can't enter through the back door, just exit, and the maintenance can't open the back door either.) I realized this before we left the parking lot and called the hotel right away. The front desk guy told me to just come to the front desk when we got back and he'd have maintenance open our door. Despite me telling him that we would be back late, he insisted that maintenance would be there and to just get it taken care of when we got back to the hotel. We didn't back til 1am. By then, the regular maintenance guy was off, and the night guy didn't know how to open our door. So they put us in a different room for the night (with our hygiene items and clothing in our locked room). My husband was pretty upset and I was a little agitated, but at that point, we didn't feel like it was a big enough deal to complain to someone about it. The next morning, they called us and told us that our room was open. I went over to our room. It wasn't open. I went back to the front desk and told the guy that our room wasn't open. He insisted that it was because I needed a new key. I went back to get into our room. It still wasn't open. I went back to the front desk, extremely agitated by now at the whole situation and told him that the key wasn't the problem (as I tried to tell him earlier). So he called the maintenance guy who came right away to open our door. He had to run back a couple times to get the right tools. At this point, we were running very late and I had to let go of the idea that I might be able to actually take a shower. Before we left the hotel, my husband went to talk to the guy at the front desk to ask for some sort of compensation. The general manager wasn't there, but they left a message for him to call us. He called us Monday, and when my husband asked for some sort of compensation for our horrible experience, he told my husband that we didn't deserve compensation and that in fact, we owed the hotel money, because we locked ourselves out of our rooms and took time away from his maintenance guy doing other things. I called him back and when I asked him if there was a reason why we shouldn't get compensation for our experience there, he said "It's not my fault you locked yourselves out of your room." To which, I replied, "It's not my fault your hotel is set up so that people can lock themselves out of their rooms." Is that not absolutely ridiculous? We expected to have a more business-type conversation with the manager. He was SO rude. So...I guess, If you're going to stay here, just make sure that you don't do anything wrong, because no matter how the hotel staff deals with it, the manager will say it's all your fault.

Stayed November 2007
3 Thank emily2468

Travellers are raving about these Mesa hotels

pa
Reviewed 21 May 2007

Got this on priceline, didn't know what to expect. Nice lobby, pretty decent room, it could use a good polish job. The price was good for what we got.

• Liked — lobby
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank southwestPa
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 March 2007

The pool is nice, confined, and has a cool waterfall. The hot tub is a little small, but it's all you need. The room was nice, with a balcony, what you'd expect from a nice holiday inn. Service was great, they gave us a great "taxi" to drive us around. It was actually a beautiful old caddy driven by a guy named Lloyd, who was great. When it was time to leave, the manager took us to the airport really early in the morning, before the bus usually operates, even though it was just us. If you're looking for somewhere to get away from the cold during march and watch some spring training baseball games, this is a great choice.

Stayed March 2005