“I've got bitten by bed bugs”

Holiday Inn Phoenix - Mesa/Chandler
Ranked #23 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I stayed in the hotel for 1 night in mid Oct 2010 and in the morning I noticed I've got bites on both legs. I showed those to the front desk , and the receptionist said only " I will have the room service spray the room". When I tried later complaining, the manager Adam Stanchina doubted my claim. He admitted though he did not even talked to the receptionist on service in the day I left. His only proof according to him, was some exterminator company he claims he asked to check the room. According to my research, those bugs are very small and can not be seen with naked eye, they can escape even to an exterminator, unless the infestation is in high degree.
So, dear Traveler before you decide to book your stay at this hotel, please be aware of the above.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 10 October 2010

Absolutely miserable heat throughout the Hotel, and our only relief was in our room...after we turned the A/C on and sat there sweating for 20 minutes before it cooled off. Hallways were miserably warm. Also tried to have someone serve us at lunchtime, but we ended up walking down to the sandwich shop to eat because no one ever came to meet us, even though we sat at the bar, AND asked the front desk to get us a waiter...they never came out of the kitchen. The FRONT Desk staff was excellent, but restaurant service was nonexistant...perhaps they were all sitting in front of an air conditioner to keep cool?

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Where do I begin with my complaints about this place! I was so disappointed that I actually made a list that I continued to add to during my stay. It was dark, poorly maintained, had dirty, stained carpets, the lamps were missing bulbs, the coffee amenities were half used and is right on top of the 60 freeway exit ramp creating tons of noise. When I arrived to the first room the shower drain was leaking. When I tried to adjust it so that it would stop I discovered it didn't work at all. When they moved me because maintence was already gone for the day I discovered too late that the next shower didn't drain. When I called after my ankle deep morning shower they came while I was gone for the day to fix it. The maintence staff obviously came after the cleaning staff because I came back to find hair and other leftovers in the tub. I only received new shampoo/soap/wash clothes one of the five nights I was there. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do drink tea which they did not provide. The beds didn't have comforters, just dingy old blankets, although I must say they were quite comfortable when you could get past the incessant noise outside the windows from the freeway.
There were two good things about this place. The rooms were HUGE! Separate living room, bathroom, kitchen type area and bedrooms with separate doors. If you can get past the cons, the room would be great for a family because the parents could close the bedroom door and let the kids sleep on the couch bed in the living room. The second good thing was the comfy bed, if you can get past the dingy sheets/blankets.
All in all I would definitely NOT return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2010

The staff was nice and friendly. I loved the pool. The first night I didn't get much sleep because our air conditioner was not working. Our room was dusty and had cob webs everywhere.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2010

I found the hotel in pretty good shape. Carpets in the rooms were dated. The big issue for all of us (we had multiple rooms for extended family) was the bed bugs. We all had little bites on our bodies and itching after each night's stay. You need to change your mattresses!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Julie was great,she talked to me and made me feel at home

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank justme32655
Reviewed 13 September 2010

No issues, great price, would stay again rooms are spacious, ample parking

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple