“Mensa mensa in Mesa”

Ranked #44 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Watervliet, New York
“Mensa mensa in Mesa”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Broken door security latch. Housekeeping the opened the door on me (I was mostly dressed) shortly after I arrived after failing to knock even though I'd drawn the curtains that should have provided a clue that I was inside. The room smoke detector was painted over after being ripped out. Electrical tape was used to repair a hole in the window curtain. No electric outlets that weren't already in use. The two plug receptacle behind the night stand had a broken off grounding prong in one of the holes and it didn't work otherwise. I had the choice of unplugging the small refrigerator or the television to plug in my laptop (the same option applied to the use of the room microwave). The best part was the dogchewed TV remote control with tooth damaged buttons. The little red light came on but it didn't do anything. Second best was how the toilet roll holder was mounted (almost exactly 3 feet in front of the bowl on the opposing wall). Fine for those with long sit-reach (in aviation parlance). It was surprisingly
quiet in the room but the walls and floors conducted the vibrations of the activities of other guests (particularly those next door; it seemed like a silent circus parade for brief intervals). My favorite part of my stay was the continental breakfast (I had to ask the hotel lobby desk clerk for it). He produced a five ounce styrofoam cup of coffee from over the counter after asking my preference and then proferred the contents of two open boxes of supermarket quality baby sized muffins and sweet rolls (I chose a tiny cello wrapped, lightly sugar glazed snail bun). Then I consumed my choices outdoors in the sunny unattended swimming pool enclosure where I had to figure out how to open the gate locking mechanism that snapped shut behind me after I entered (it was invisible from inside the fence and a short person could not have reached the latch to get out).

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Michael H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Diamond Bar, California
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

There was one good thing about this place - the service. Every time we needed to talk to someone they were there and very friendly. Otherwise, this place was awful.

1. The room was dirty. I couldn't walk on the carpet without my feet turning black. The tub clearly hasn't been cleaned and I was unsure whether anything else had been. Even the towels were dirty when they were given to us.
2. We stayed in a "non-smoking" room, yea right! The whole room smelled of smoke the whole time. We actually had to go to the store to buy air freshener. When we got back into the room one day we found a match on one of the beds. Non-smoking? Obviously, the cleaning crew feels differently.
There were weird, creepy, loud people out and about at all hours. I didn't feel 100% safe. I would NEVER stay here (or anywhere in the area) EVER again.

• Stayed March 2013
3 Thank Ericabett
Clint, Texas
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Information said they had a shuttle. They don't. Got into the airport at 11:45PM called for the shuttle to find out they don't have one. I was told to take a cab. The only reason we booked the room was because of the shuttle and knowing the car rental place was closed when we arrived. Their email confirming the reservation had the reservation number but no other information. No phone number, no address. From this I learned to call and double check the information. Just because it is on the website does not mean it is true. Will not stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Julie S
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 February 2013

You can definitely tell this place is under new management. I felt much safer this time around and the room was spotless! I recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a good nights sleep at a great price!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Cottonwood, California, United States
Reviewed 31 January 2013

I should've listened to other reviews. This area was bad, I slept with my pepper spry next to me. I was awake at every little sound. The bed was very worn out. My room card kept having to get redone. The safety latch was held on by wire. There was a large gap around the door. The first maid didn't clean anything, just made the bed and removed the old towels but didn't replace them. The second maid was a little better. If I had the money I would've left in the middle of the first night.

There was a hole in the bathroom door that had been fixed with a LOT of putty. The place is very rundown. It rained heavily for a day or so and by the time I left there was a lake where the parking lot used to be.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel, if you can't get the second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Tanya W
Mesa Az
Reviewed 31 January 2013

My son and I stayed here for a couple of weeks while we were going through a move. I live in the Mesa area and had heard that there was a lot of bad "action" at all the Main Street hotels and motels so I was a bit leery, but I have to say there was no nonsense here. The managers Daniel and his lovely wife Zipporah were gracious and courteous, helping to make our stay enjoyable. Their adorable son peeked out at the front desk as if to welcome us! Daniel even turned the pool heater on when I requested to go swimming in an unusually cold January. They gave us no problems whatsoever about my son's VERY LARGE service dog. Their housekeeping staff is on point and the rooms are clean, large and comfortable. I would definitely recommend Knight's Inn Mesa in Mesa Az to anyone who wants a comfy room with EXCELLENT customer care and service! ;)Oh and the free WIFI was an added little bonus :)

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2012

They had a $35.99 per night sign out front and since we were just looking for a bed for the night we thought "what the heck". We stopped at about 4 pm and asked to look at a room. It was what you'd expect, nothing fancy with older fixtures but relatively clean. That's where it ended. Problems: Bedside lamps didn't work, ice machine iffy, we were not invited to the party that went on and on in the parking lots outside our door, very shady characters constantly hanging out in the parking lot, smoke alarm started the "low battery" beeping at 2:45 am, continental breakfast consisted only of bad coffee and golf ball sized sugar and flour "things". I did dismantle the smoke alarm and put it between the box spring and mattress which allowed us to get back to sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple