“Resist the low price temptation”
Review of Motel 6 Mesa North

Motel 6 Mesa North
Ranked #34 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
“Resist the low price temptation”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

What a train wreck! I admit, I was sucked in by the price but it wasn't worth it. The carpet wasn't vacuumed well, the AC wouldn't keep up with cooling the room, the "non-smoking" room smelled of cigarettes, the blanket had cigarette holes burned through it, there was only 1 towel I the room to share with my wife, the TV channels were not much more than static, and the bed was very uncomfortable. We were going to stay 2 nights but the following morning I went to the front desk to cancel my next night stay. I advised the desk of the problems and they simply said "Sorry".

At least I got my money back for the night I canceled.

Room Tip: Don't try to save money by staying here, it's not worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dale R
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Mesa North, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Dale R - Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you experienced as a result of the bedding conditions, carpet cleanliness, odor and bed comfort issues you encountered in your room. The issues you experienced are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Checked in on Thursday July 4th, front desk clerk was okay. Went to my room and there was NO remote for the TV, was a regular queen room NOT a deluxe as I had booked online, only had 1 towel, hand towel, and washcloth (but booked 2 adults), my sons keycard didn't work so he went to have it rekeyed but because his name (he was the 2nd adult) was not on the room she would NOT rekey his key and he was out in 100 degree weather from midnight -5am when I returned to the room!!!!!!!! Then the next night my car was ransacked and even though there was security and a high presence of Mesa PD the thief was able to get away with my registration and insurance cards!!!!!! Hmmmmm something doesn't smell right because my car was in the view of not 1 but 2 cameras (that they said only the police could view BUT DIDN'T)!!!!!!
Will I stay at this motel again......ABSOLUTELY NOT. Overall score : 2

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Maggz31377

Travellers are raving about these Mesa hotels

toronto
Reviewed 17 January 2013

We stayed here one night ($60) before discovering the much nicer (and cheaper) Quality Inn at 1410 Country Club Dr. The Motel 6 room was small, but fine, and it was clean. We were glad to move to the Quality Inn for our next 2 nights.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Wit'se stayed here on November 7. Every time we visit the Mesa area we always stayed at this motel. We always try to get room 160 as it has been a very quiet area down at the end of the motel. We have never had a problem here and the staff is very helpful and friendly.

We did have a little problem this time as somebody on the second floor seem to be walking back and forth just about all night. This is the first time we have ever encountered this. We will return to this motel the next time we visit Mesa Arizona.

Thanks Cap & Virginia

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I am sorry, but this place is really a terrible hotel. As other people have described, it seems to have a weird clientele and when I stayed here for two nights there was alot of noise, some pretty sketchy clients and I witness two girls being arrested in front of my door. Police action at a hotel is never a good thing, and to be honest I felt sorry for the girls who looked like they had had a hard life. Creepy customers, dirty stairs and really rude staff at the front desk make this place just a depressing and awful place, Yes it is cheap but at what price? The best part is that the internet did not work in my room and the front staff refused to help me and started to tell me that I was the problem and that I was being 'difficult.' They also seemed to think that was funny and accused me of causing trouble. They refused to refund the cost of the internet. Honestly, if the wireless does not work in a customers room do not accuse them of being 'trouble,' do not laugh at them and do not tell them they are being 'difficult.' For pete's sake, why not take them at their word and just give back the $3.00 like the Corporate Customer Service recommends? If there is a problem in the room, fix it. Do not argue with a customer and tell them they are being 'difficult.' I would avoid this place like anything, unless you like fighting with people like this. It's a dirty, creepy place and I am really sorry to have to write that.

As for the room itself, the light bulbs by the bed did not work and the towels disappeared by the second day leaving me with one towel. I have stayed at Motel 6's all over the country and have had a really good experience in almost every single one. All it takes to make a great place - even a really inexpensive one - is being friendly and decent to paying customers and make some sort of effort to keep the place clean and safe. I honestly don't think that threatening your customers and laughing at their discomfort or concerns is reasonable and appropriate. But, then maybe this hotel doesn't care.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Susan M
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2012

This was the worst hotel experience of my life. When I went to check in with my fiancee they made her fill out a sheet and gave off the implication they thought we were using it for an "hourly motel" activities. We were checking in relatively early at like 5 PM so the parking lot was mostly empty. Many of the people that were already in the hotel appeared to be living there. Looked into one open door while passing and a family looked like they had been living there for a while. The same room I later heard yelling aggressively at each other nearly to the point of me having to call front desk thinking violence was going to take place. That is not near the worst of it. Got into the room and the bed cover was covered in dust. Went into the bathroom and there was noticeable mold on the walls and worst of all, blood on the shower curtain. Clearly visible blood on the shower curtain! At this point we simply packed up our bags got back into our car and drove south to Chandler to a very nice La Quinta. We were so ready to get out we didn't even bother going to the front desk to try to get the money back. We just wanted out. The nearby neighborhood is mediocre, but the Motel 6 is its own mini-ecosystem of awfulness. I would be embarassed to have my company name attached to this place. I have long stayed at Motel 6 places, but since this event I have not stayed in another one since.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jared625
Lovelock, Nevada
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Having stayed here a few times in the past and knowing all motel 6 are pet friendly I suggested this hotel to other family members as we were having a family get together for a week. I booked months in advance a total of 3 rooms with all 3 rooms together. 1 room with 2 beds and 2 pet friendly rooms. they told us there should be no problem. when we arrived we were told there are no 2 bed bedrooms near the dog rooms so we had 1 room upstairs and the 2 dog rooms several doors apart. Now for the fun part, the room upstairs were spider webs ALL over the room! The first dog room smelled like something died there and the sheets and blanket had stains. Both families booked other hotels ASAP. OUR room seemed OK until the second night. A woman on drugs or just crazy started screaming and banging on our door at 3 A.M. After calling the front desk it took them at least 10 min. to remove her. Then until we unplugged the phone we kept getting hangups. Our family members will never again trust us again on booking hotels for them and I don't blame them. I have vowed NEVER to go to any motel 6 again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family