“Highly Recommended.”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Ranked #30 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This was our second one week stay at the Clarion Mesa. I would highly recommend this motel. It has been completely renovated to the highest standards. Everything works! The decor is very attractive and sophisticated. The beds are very comfortable, new pillow top mattresses. The shower is excellent with unlimited hot water. There is a good quality microwave and fridge in every room. Plenty of power points. Excellent Wi-Fi. Very good continental breakfast. Outdoor pool open all year Very helpful staff..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

480-833-1231 my name is tj

have good day

Reviewed 2 January 2014

When we first approached the lobby to check in we thought the place was closed, it was not they put the customers in the back of this very large motel. I would give this hotel a much better rating if it was not for the staff (female) in the morning we checked out 1/1/14. Not only did she have a an attitude, she sat in the lobby on her computer with her feet up on the table. She should of been in the breafast room assisting..which ws very busy and lacking in certain foods. She didnt even take the chairs down from countert top for the guests. When I asked her for something..she got really annoyed and rolled her eyes..what a piece of work.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AEboylston
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Property CHI
tj
frant desk
480-833-1231

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I've stayed here on a few occasions before, and even though the hotel, from the outside, very much appears to have seen better days, the rooms themselves are nice and comfortable, and the staff delivers good service. For the price, it's hard to find a better deal in Mesa or anywhere else in the East Valley, even during the peak winter season.

Yup - the hotel is not impressive from the outside, and the fact that, as of this writing, the street in front of the hotel is undergoing major reconstruction that makes driving one big mess, doesn't help. But don't let that deter you. The lobby is nice, and the staff are quite pleasant and helpful.

The interior corridors are very reminiscent of days gone by, and, like the exterior, don't convey the greatest impression. But the rooms themselves are up to date, comfortable, and clean. I've included pictures of my room with this review and hope that those reading this review find them helpful.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the room and bathroom were clean, and the shower delivered a good flow of hot water. Internet is free. I did not sample the breakfast and so cannot comment on it.

The hotel is just west of downtown Mesa, along Main Street, between Alma School and Country Club. This stretch of Main Street has been undergoing major reconstruction for many months, and as of right now (December, 2013) doesn't look like it will be completed anytime soon. Your best bet is to approach the hotel by driving eastbound on Main Street - from Alma School towards Country Club. The hotel will be on the right and will be easy to get into. Coming the other way might be a bit more difficult, due to the lane restrictions that are in place, which might make it harder to make the left turn into the property.

The neighborhood looks to be a bit run down, but I didn't find any cause for concern regarding my personal safety. Within a short driving distance are dining options of various types.

There was one minor issue that I do need to mention - but it did not affect my rating of the hotel or my willingness to return, unless, of course, it happens again. When I checked in, I was asked for my ID and credit card, and the front desk clerk made a photocopy of both. Having been the victim of identity theft from copies made of my personal documents by hotels (NOT this hotel) on 2 other occasions, I emphatically do not allow any copies to be made, and I particularly disklike it when copies are made without my permission. I had never experienced this before at this property on previous stays, so I expressed my concern to the person checking me in. She explained that their computer system was down, so that they needed the copies so that they could give me the room key now and complete the check-in later. I reluctantly agreed, although I still did not like it. She offered to return the copies in the morning, which she did, although, obviously, there would be no way to know what happened to them in the meantime. Having stayed here before and having had good experience with the people that run this place, I decided to let it pass and not make a big deal of it, and I'm assuming that this was just a one-time occurrance, based on the fact that their computer was down. But I mention it because it happened, and if it were to happen again on a future stay, then I would be very much concerned.

So ... overall, a good stay and excellent value. Various discounts are available at the brand website, including senior and AAA discounts, and the Choice Privileges frequent guest program, of which Clarion is a participating brand, often has great promotions that provide good rewards to even those who may not travel frequently.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank step12dude
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at .480-833-1231

clarioninn mesa

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Our room was clean, well equipped and spacious. The free WiFI was fast and worked great during our stay. The TV could be updated to a flat panel and we couldn't get HBO, which was listed in the guest book. Breakfast was pretty good and all was quiet while we were there. Overall, we had a decent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Property CHI
tj
frant desk
480-833-1231

Reviewed 20 September 2013

From the outside, this hotel looks like an older establishment that has seen better days. The neighborhood is also a bit drab, which might tend to cause folks to pass this place by. That would be a mistake, as this property actually delivers surprising value and comfort for an equally surprising price.

While the lobby has been refurbished, the interior corridors of the hotel are quite dated and do show a noticeable amount of wear and tear, with a slightly funky smell. But once in the room, things are dramatically different.

My room was large, clean, and comfortably furnished with 2 large beds, a work desk, TV (not flat screen), fridge, microwave, and in-room coffee maker. The pillow top mattress on the bed was one of the most comfortable that I've ever slept on in any hotel, regardless of price. The bathroom was spotless and the shower delivered an ample stream of hot water. I was on the second floor, and there was a small, walk-out balcony that overlooked the pool. Bottom line is that the room lived up to all of the expected levels of comfort and quality for the Clarion brand.

Check-in and check-in were handled by an efficient and pleasant host.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet, but I did not sample it so cannot comment on its variety or quality.

What surprised me most was the price - which was lower than Motel 6.

As this is written, major construction is occurring on the road in front of the hotel, and access to the hotel is limited to those travelling eastbound on Main Street.

Various discounts are available at the brand website including senior, AAA, and association discounts (if you know the discount code).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank step12dude
tejash p, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was rudely awakened by a loud pounding on my door, and shouts of time for check out just shortly after 1100 am. When I opened the door, there were THREE hotel employees there telling me it was time for check out. When I informed them that I had extended my stay that morning at the front desk--I was then asked if I needed housekeeping--when I told them no(I was sleeping)--they curtly said I had not had any housekeeping in 3 days!!! Of course, I hadn't had any housekeeping--I sleep in and they don't have housekeeping after noon!!! I couldn't even get clean towels. My trash cans were overflowing. Otherwise, the stay was fine. Room was clean. Everything was in working condition--responded quickly to a light bulb that was out. No elevators--asked for a first floor room and was accomodated.

Room Tip: No elevator service. Poor insulation--stayed on first floor due to lack of elevator service--could...