“EXCELLENT STAY” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
WINNIPEG
“EXCELLENT STAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2011

We have been staying at the Clarion since February 12th and will be here for 12 days and it has been wonderful. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean. We golf each day and when we come back our room is all made up and clean, wonderful to come back to. Their WiFi is great, not slow. Their continental breakfast has all you need. The staff is very friendly and courteous. It is in an area that is quickly accessible to both the 60 and 202 which makes it quick to get to other areas. Their fitness room has wonderful equipment, my husband used it each day. The beds are so comfortable, I don't want to go back to my own. If someone were to ask what is one thing I would change, that would be that the pool is not heated. It seems a shame to have a nice pool that goes to 8' deep and you can't use it. So I would suggest that they heat it, that's it. The duvet is so heavy that I need my husband to help me make the bed...lol. All in all in our opinion you will not be sorry to chose the Clarion Inn Mesa as your place to stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

I read all of the great reviews of this hotel, but was finding it hard to believe that it could get such raves for a $59.99 price. Trip Advisor has never steered me wrong, so went with it. This Clarion is indeed a great bargain. Our room, as others have indicated, was large (with a King bed), with a refrigerator and microwave. It was spotless. The breakfast was the typical continental breakfast and was adequate for us. I also noticed a washer/dryer area, as we were going down the hall. It was $1 per load. We didn't need to use it, but good to know it is available. We will definitely return to this Clarion when we visit Mesa.

bellingham, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

The rooms seem to have been recently remodeled in a very pleasant color scheme. The bed was comfortable. There was an armchair. The young man at the front desk seems to be there 24/7 and he always answered our questions with a smile. We stayed one night and then another night a week later so we experienced two different rooms. The grounds are well kept.
The Greek restaurant next door was closed the first night we were there but was open when we returned a week later. There was music blaring outside. The food was very good but, for some reason, they had hired the worst waitress we have ever seen in our years of travel and restaurant dining. I'm not sure how long she will be there. If you go, and the waitress says "I am so-o-o sorry, but we are extra busy and I am overwhelmed" to everyone coming in, you are in for quite a ride! There is another restaurant at the end of the block, or, of course, pizza delivery. The well-developed downtown is less than a mile down the street, the Mormon temple is a bit further, and an excellent steak house is a bit beyond that.
I mention this because the motel is in a rather run down part of Mesa -- not a place where you would want to walk around much at night. However, I enjoyed going to the thrift shop across the street where I purchased a bottle opener and some other items we couldn't carry on the plane.
The value is excellent here since the rooms are spacious and nice for a very low price -- $56 a night in our case.

Vevey, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

I booked this hotel for its price, and was pleasantly surprised by its quality. From the outside, it does not look like much, but inside it is spotless and very comfortable. Breakfast is good, and the staff is efficient and pleasant. Spacious room, microwave, coffee machine, refrigerator. Good WiFi.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2011

Great walk-in rate, we stayed here last year, and it has not changed. Pictures are exactly how it was, and look forward to next years trip!! It is a clean hotel, with reasonable rates, very very friendly, and quiet, it is the only place I will stay in Mesa!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

I booked this hotel for only one night. I realize the hotel cannot control the behavior of its' guests, I find that the first floor rooms are subject to many noises and seismic activity. Inconsiderate guests are abound at this place. They talk loudly outside your room, and trample up and down the halls, plus do who knows what in the rooms on the second floor. I can see why you should pay a little more for a room in a better class hotel, and in a better part of town. Will not book here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
clarioninnmesaphoeni, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Clarion Inn-Mesa-Phoenix for your recent stay in our area.

• Management received additional training concerning the courteous manner in which they are to treat you, our valued guests.

• Upon receipt of your review, the owner and manager were approached with your concerns and observations.

Thank you for your help in meeting these standards by reporting what you experienced.

I think that you will find your next stay at Clarion Inn-Mesa-Phoenix to be a much pleasant one.

Hotel Manager.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2011

We choose this hotel based on good reviews. True its in an older section of town but don't let that defer you. The place is kept clean and tidy. Bed linens and towels were top notch comparable to 4 or 5 stars. The housekeepers are friendly and helpful. We asked doe extra blankets and our beds were made up to our liking. The weather was too cold for swimming so didn't use the pool or its facilities but a quick walk through showed everything in good order. The king bed was comfortable and the spread appeared clean and unstained. Breakfast was the standard traveler fair but always fair served neatly and sanitary. If you are looking for quality at an affordable price this place is for you. I would rebook if I return to Mesa without hesitation.