Windemere Hotel and Conference Center
US$143
Residence Inn
US$80
US$113
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites(Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$79
La Quinta
Ramada Mesa(Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$60
Best Western Plus Mesa(Mesa)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$80
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The pictures online are so deceiving of this horrible hotel! It is in a very bad part of town with prostitutes walking the streets! The experience was terrible from the beginning. First off the worker, Annette, is EXTREMELY rude and not professional at all! As we walked in she looked up at us and then looked away and kept doing what she was doing. No greeting at all. Then when helping My fiancé and I she stated that we requested a non-smoking room. We confirmed that was correct. She then asked if we were sure. I said "excuse me?" She said well "someone here smells like smoke to me!!" How rude!! She was insinuating that we smoke I guess!! She then shuffles through papers and asks when I made the reservation. Once she FINALLY finds it she gives me three papers to sign. As I am signing I notice that the last page does not have a place for me to sign, it only had rates and info on it. I asked her if that was for me to keep and she said "NO you aren't suppose to see that"!!! She grabs it out of my hand!! Then she tells me that it is Expedia's fault. They don't want me to see what I paid!! She was dressed like a slob on top of it! My fiancé and I both were in hotel management and would have Never allowed an employee to act that way! So disrespectful! Then we enter the room that smells horribly of smoke and a cologne type smell to try and mask it!! It was horrible! I felt like we were in a slum!! My fiancé(who is now a cop) said that there were marks on the counter from drug paraphernalia!! We had our 9 year old daughter with us!!! The room was dirty...we were afraid to sit on the beds!! I called Expedia and they completely took amazing care of my family and got us out of there!! Please do NOT go!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Meliz1
Guest_services2013, Front Office Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay. It is always our goal to provide a most comfortable, “home away from home” experience for our valued guests. We aim to please everyone with our hot breakfast each morning- with plenty of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, cereals, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, pastries, chocolate, banana nut, and blueberry muffins, wheat and white bread, milk, and juices to go around. Again, we do apologize for an unsatisfactory experience, and do hope that you consider returning the next time you are in Mesa.
Warm Wises,
Management

Reviewed 14 January 2014

To anyone spending time in Gilbert or Mesa Arizona, this is the place to stay. A beautiful resort nestled in a lush tropical setting with an extra large pool and spa. Close to all amenities and a 10 min. drive to Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center. The hotel prides itself on comfort and cleanliness, and also provides a breakfast bar. The Staff, under the direction of Umesh Patel, are not afraid to be GREAT. They were gracious, caring, polite, and were willing to do the unexpected, that is, go the extra mile to attend to our needs. The theme seemed to be--- Richard, it's all about you! Karol, it's all about you.! We were made to feel important, wanted, and comfortable. The Staff exhibited pride and excellence in their work environment. To all the Staff at the Windemere, a very special Thank You! Richard and Karol Masielle

Room Tip: we stayed at this hotel 2 times. We did not choose our own room. The room was assigned to us. we were on the lower level so the outside patio seemed more private and it was easier access to the pool area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Guest_services2013, Guest Relations Manager at Windemere Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Karol M

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor. It is our pleasure to hear about your positive experience here. We strive to cater to the needs of all our valued guests- the added convenience of complimentary high speed Wi-Fi is always available to you. We’d love to have you back next time you’re in Mesa,AZ
Thank you again for your time!

Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

From the beautiful landscaping in the front of the building you would never suspect the horrible condition of the rooms! Although the furniture was not too bad, the smell in the room was almost too much to stay. We were too exhausted to look for anything else that day but will definitely not stay here again. The counter in the tiny kitchenette was just rough particle board painted white a long time ago. The patio doors faced out to some more pretty lawn with shrubs but were too dirty to see out of. The curtain was partly coming off and ancient. The old dirty phone was missing a lot of buttons but didn't work anyway. When we mentioned it to the nice girl at the front desk she said she did answer when we tried to call her but she couldn't hear us and we couldn't even hear a dial tone. The bed was like sleeping on a rock, and the heater didn't work we'll and smelled musty.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Tailssouth

We are extremely apologetic for your bad experience, and hope to be able to make it up to you.

We have since been under a partial renovation and we are always striving to make sure

everything is clean, tidy, and consistent. We spend time each day making sure our rooms are

cleaned, We would like to invite you back at a 20% discounted rate next time you are in town.

Please bring a print out of this review .

Once again we are very sorry for the issue

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Walked in room and it even has an unmade bed and it was 10:00 at night! The room was non smoking, but it smelled musty and dirty. We turned around and left. I know we are out $150, but we didn't stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank April H

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry for the bad experience your faced at our hotel, Our goal is to make sure every guest experience is satisfactory and in your case it unfortunately wasn't. We would be honored if you gave our hotel a second chance. On your next stay we can offer your 20% off . Please feel free to contact me at the property directly if there is anything I can do to rectify this issue.

Windemere management

Reviewed 11 November 2013

this place rocks! Love coming here with friends and having a good time! I have stayed here many times and am never disappointed ! Great stuff awesome rooms GREAT hot tub!:-) see you Thursday! Love thus place, if I could live here I would. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: best place, great price, awesome rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words! the windemere staff is very proud to have gotten your 5 star review! We hope to see you a a regular guest and hope to be your exclusive hotel of choice when you are traveling to Mesa, AZ

Thank you so much!