My family of 4 stayed for 3 nights to end a 2 week road trip in Arizona and N. Mexico. It was so relaxing, and the surrounding area is beautiful and quiet. The cabins (ours was right by the sweet river) were basic but comfortable (there is a fridge and microwave), and totally charming, as is the main lodge room (in a hunting lodge motif), with comfy armchairs and a poker table in the corner (where we played rummy). The breakfasts were great - first morning was berry pancakes, the next banana french toast! Our experience would not have been so special if it hadn't been for the managers, John and Sean A'Lee Bevell. They were so friendly and welcoming and we really felt at home. On our last morning we all rode with our guide into the Sonora desert on lovely horses, and our sons (aged 11 and 14) really enjoyed it. We would love to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Tonto National Forest along the banks of the Salt River, this historic guest ranch boasts rustic 26 cabins. An outdoor pool offers views of the Goldfield Mountain Range.Featuring traditional Western décor, each cabin comes with a private bathroom. With no TVs or phones, all cottages offer a place to kick back and relax.Guests are welcomed in the main lodge complete with a stone fireplace and wagon wheel lights. Breakfast is served in the dining room featuring a real Saguaro skeleton.Guided horseback riding is available from mid-October to early May. Kayaking and river tubing are available from April to October. Hiking and bird watching are available year round.Saguaro Lake Ranch is located 15 miles from Mesa in the Tonto National Forest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saguaro Lake Ranch Hotel Mesa
- Saguaro Lake Hotel
- Saguaro Lake Guest Ranch Mesa, Arizona