“Wonderful Visit to Mesa, Exemplary Courtesy by Staff until.........”

Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 8 April 2012

checkout. I had requested a late checkout and Jordyn kindly set up a 2 pm check out the night before I checked out. I was moving my final load of baggage out to my car at approximately 12 noon when I realized my room key would not allow me back in. I knocked on the door and a man who was later identified by the front desk as "Jake" opened the door and told me my key had expired and I would need to go to the front desk, show ID and have it rekeyed. I explained to him that I am legally disabled with a severly arthritic ankle , offered my ID and asked him to verify my identity with the front desk to save me the walk to the front of the property. He refused and told me he could do nothing even though he had a walkie talkie. I shook my head in disbelief as I have never been treated as such at a Marriott when a key wasn't working. A quick call to the front desk after verifying my ID would have saved time and many steps for me. I gave up and went to the front and told the front desk clerk what had happened and she apologized for the way it was handled. I asked for his name as I have written Marriott Guest Relations as well. I had a wonderful stay in Mesa and the front desk staff(Jordyn, Hurley and Zuleika) were wonderful. Marriott needs to apprise this individual of guest relations procedures and consider terminating him if he continues to treat guests as such. I have cancelled 2 upcoming reservations at this property and will not be staying again until I am assured this problem is resolved and an apology from mgmt offered.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank sonoran_rain

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel is in need of updating. The entire building our room was in smelled like a men's locker room. The room was very small compared to other suites we have stayed in. The sheets and the blanket for the pull out sofa were torn and the two sheets were different colors. The cleaning products used smell like cheap men's cologne. Our group had four rooms and all of them smelled this way. The towels were very thin and rough. Even the pool towels were terrible. They were the size of hand towels.

The few positives are the hotel is near tons of restaurants, shopping, and other attractions. The hdtvs were decent size with an ok channel selection. The hotel was pretty quiet. Had an ok free continental breakfast. Staff was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Not quite up to marriott standards. Rooms are spacious but need updating. Hallway look dirty; kind of smell; need vacuuming. Beds are comfortable and staff is friendly. Elevator carpeting is filthy!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My husband was on travel to Mesa for a few weeks so I decided to come out for a few days to visit. The day that I arrived, the staff was very welcoming. Ossasina, our room attendant was so gracious to provide me with all of the necessities needed for unpacking. Erika at the front desk took the time to give me the run down of things to do in the area, got me situated on the internet and was always willing to assist me with any questions or issues that I had. I have not come across a more pleasant staff than I had here at the Residence Inn. They made my temporary home away from home very pleasant and welcoming! Thanks guys! I hope to see you again!
Angela

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank AngieKarl
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I fully agree with cindi76 - my expectations were exceeded in every way. The hotel staff (front desk, kitchen and housekeeping) were polite, forthcoming in their efforts to help and efficient. The suite was very comfortable: a well equipped kitchenette, nice living room area and good internet access facilities. Breakfast in the lobby was fine, although I would have liked some vegetables (tomatoes, etc.). The manager's evening snack (Monday through Wednesday), including wine and beer was a pleasant surprise. After breakfast, when the lobby area was cleared, my two colleagues and I could work quietly in the lobby where coffee and some fruit were available all day, or we could take a table by the poolside when we wanted some fresh air.
We all had room on the top floor - and indeed, as some reviewers noted, the parking lot was a bit noisy at times. At 4 am (I had a jet lag) one could hear the distant train but generally the noise level was not as severe as mentioned.

Room Tip: Top (third) floor preferred, not facing parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Everything about this Hotel met or exceeded my expectations. Reserving and check-in was easy. The staff was courteous. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast was 'ok' but as expected. The exercise room was small but adequate. Some of the reviews for this hotel had me a bit worried, but the stay there was excellent! I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: We had both an efficiency and a two bedroom suite. Both were very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My husband and I experienced a hostile home invasion back in the June 2011 timeframe and had to move out of our home while it was being restored. We, along with our two cats stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn for a total of 10 weeks. We were very pleased with the hotel and the staff.
Due to the length of our stay, we were placed in a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The room was well appointed and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating about a room cleaning schedule that supported our work hours as well as the safety of our pets as we wanted to be present when anyone entered. This is a 3 ½ star accommodation at best but it was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Nice linens. The overall furnishings were pretty standard. The kitchen had the basic cooking needs and our suite had a full size refrigerator. Water pressure in the shower was good as well. They only offer queen size beds – no kings on the whole property. They also offer a breakfast buffet each morning and a happy hour (wine and beer) with small plate offerings each evening. We did not use the pool but it looked nice and well tended. Try to stay away from West facing rooms during the hot summer months as the room was hard to cool from 3:00 pm until the sun would set. The hotels location is close to the US60 freeway and there are several restaurants nearby. Some are within walking distance. I really can’t thank the entire staff enough for taking good care of us during an extremely trying and difficult time in our lives. I would definitely recommend this accommodation to anyone looking for a modest mid-range hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family