Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewssocial hourevery morningdirector of salesfront deskbasketball courtlong term stayone bedroom suitebreakfast staffphoenix mesafull kitchenextended staythe entire staffoatmeala great stayclean hotelhot breakfasthot tub
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

The woman at the front desk was very rude and made sure I felt unwelcome there from the beginning. I stayed there 4 nights. The breakfast always ran out around 8:30 AM and never refilled even when 20-30 people were waiting in line. The bathroom in the lobby was filthy...never cleaned. There was no tissue paper. The room AC was very noisy. Walls were paper thin. We could hear people talking or flushing in other rooms. The garbage truck came every morning around 6:30 and woke me up. The toilet backed up several times. Bathtub had disturbing stains. I could just go on but I'm going to stop here. Please spend your money elsewhere. Marriott should do something about this place.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank ek_jajabor
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for your feedback and the opportunity to respond. Regardless of content, we do welcome constructive comments from our guests as part of our goal to "Wow" each and every person coming through our door.

I would like to apologize for our hotel not meeting your expectations. We haven't received a one-star rating since May of 2011, and your feedback is concerning, particularly since we do not have record of receiving any complaints during your stay. While we realize we will sometimes fail to meet our guests' and our own expectations, we are proud of how quickly and earnestly we respond when this happens and it is brought to our attention. We would rather work to fix a problem or concern immediately than have a guest stay with us several days unhappy and read about it online far too late to rectify the situation. If you will, please contact me personally to discuss how we can work to earn your business back.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

My son and I spent several days recently at this hotel, while in town for spring training. We will definitely stay at this same hotel again next year. Every single staff member that we had interactions with was friendly, courteous, and helpful. We were greeted by the front desk clerk with a welcoming smile when we arrived, and she found our reservations right away. We had a room on the 2nd floor. Other than occasionally hearing a door close, or the sound of a shower in the next room, it was very quiet, yet not eerily so. The hotel is also close to the Hwy 60 onramp, was about 10 to 12 miles from the Giants' Scottsdale Stadium, perhaps 10 miles from Hohokam Stadium, etc.

A free breakfast is provided every morning. They had fruit, oatmeal with various toppings, make-yourself waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, a varying potato dish, plus toast, muffins, and bagels. Juice, milk, and coffee to top it off. The coffee was very good, and just the right temperature for me (no burnt tongue). They also provided a complimentary dinner on Mon, Tues and Wed nights, but since we ate out, we didn't take advantage of that.

It was nice to have the kitchenette, with fridge, stove and microwave. One great benefit of staying here is that they will grocery shop for you at no charge, except for the cost of the groceries. You just need to provide your list by 9:00 a.m. I did so, and included a request for a 6-pack of Aquafina water (for our drive home). They noticed that the store was selling a 24-pack for the same price as a 6-pack, and got me the better deal.

I definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Scottsdale/Mesa area. Truly a lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor at the very end of the hallway - it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DaisyJane_11
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have personally used your letter with our entire staff to encourage them that they are doing a wonderful job. Your comments are all-encompassing, and show that guest satisfaction is rarely won by an individual, but by a team. It is also extra nice when our team effort is recognized and I thank you again for taking the time to tell us.

I look forward to your next mother/son outing with us and hope that you introduce yourself to me!

Reviewed 28 March 2013

It was very comfortable particularly the beds which is the primary reason we generally stay at Marriott hotels. The room size was more than adequate with a kitchen area, living room, and bedroom. It was, primarily, one big room as the bedroom was not a separate room. Flat screen TV but was disappointed there was not a DVD player. The kitchen was adequate with full size refrigerator, dishwasher, plenty of utensils, plates, etc. for 4, and two burner stove and microwave. Despite the pictures on the website, the kitchen is not the same. There may be some rooms but every room I saw (door open while cleaning) did not have an oven and it was not a granite countertop. Not a big deal for us as the kitchen still serve its purposes but misleading.

Be sure to have your room key with you at all times. All the doors (except for the main lobby entrance) were always locked and you needed your key to go through. This included within the hotel. Seemed a little overkill for security but not a real problem if you have your key. Even going to and from the pool, you need your key to get through the doors.

Hot breakfast was okay. Plenty of selection but was a little disappointed in some of the quality.

It was obvious the hotel has not been updated in some time as carpets were worn, no DVD player, but the furnishings were good and comfortable.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thanks for your response, Chris, as well as rating us 4-stars. I appreciate the balance you've shared between our strengths and areas of opportunities. We are 100% committed to improving every day with every guest - and observations like these only help us in this endeavor. I am confident you will see improvements on your next visit with us.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were in town for a little girls scrapbooking weekend, and we used the hotel's meeting room for our classes on Saturday. Amanda was amazing to work with from beginning to end. We booked the meeting room late last year, only to hear when called to confirm and get information that our first contact was no longer there. We went through 4 people within a few weeks. However, once Amanda was on it the whole event was good to go with no worries! A please doing business at this hotel!

Our hotel room wasn't cleaned one day. We hadn't left the magnet on the door, and were gone from 8:30 am until 8 pm....it was fine when we called down as long as we could get towels since there was no one available to take trash out, or clean our room. Other than that...quiet, relaxing and an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for your kind words, Ginger! I remember your group very well. I heard several nice comments from our staff regarding your girls.

We are very fortunate to have added Amanda to our sales team in January. As you have experienced, she has already made a positive impact on our hotel in such a short time. She is very thorough, detail-oriented, and best of all, she loves our guests - key indicators of a successful hospitality manager.

I have discussed with our housekeeping department how your room may have gotten missed for daily cleaning. We are always grateful when our guests notify us should we fall short of expectations, allowing us to remedy the situation.

Looking forward to hosting your group again in the future and hopefully meeting you in person!

Reviewed 23 March 2013

Reading other reviews, we had concerns about noise at this hotel especially during spring break. The hotel was very busy but noise was not a problem. We did request a third floor room, but all of building one was quiet. It's the building furthest from the pool. The neighborhood is going through a transition. There is new office construction nearby... But many of the nearby big box retailers and shops have moved to other areas. The nearby mall is doing okay and there are several restaurants around it. The hotel is in a group of four other major chain hotels on quiet streets but with easy access to most attractions in the area. The staff was wonderful and really made it feel like home.

Room Tip: Third floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Robert B, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for your kind response and the 4-Star rating! We are always encouraged to hear when we've left our guests pleased, and I personally love hearing our staff made you feel at home. (That's our #1 goal!!)

We've taken strong steps in the recent past to keep noise levels to a minimum, especially in the later hours of the evening. I'm happy to hear these steps are working!

One final note regarding your neighborhood comments, we are excited about how the City of Mesa has worked to upgrade and redefine its image for the better. The new companies and industry replacing those that have departed is indicative of this upward trend, leaving those of us who live and work here in the community very excited about the future. I am confident your next visit here will confirm my observations.