“Soggiorno di lavoro”

Ranked #2 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Milan, Italy
“Soggiorno di lavoro”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I've been in this hotel for only two days during a business trip and the staff proved friendly. The rooms have kitchens and are comfortable. The hotel has a small gym, a swimming pool and a barbecue outside. Conveniently located for the areas of nightlife.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Casti88
Shawn M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Casti88, Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay with us! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Mesa area!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the residence inn Mesa for a month in July.
Upon arrival the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
The rooms were spacious and very well equipped.
The pool area was a great place to unwind after work.
Conveniently placed for local amenities, restaurants etc

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt N
Macey_Duncan, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Matt N,

We really appreciate you spending the time on writing a review for your most recent trip. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and had a great visit overall. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Macey Duncan, General Manager
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We lived in this hotel for nearly 3 months from November 2013 through February 2014 while our home was being repaired. The people who stay here tend to fall into two main categories: people displaced from their permanent, local homes and who are living here, and business travelers who are in and out quickly. We didn't encounter a lot of leisure travelers, but then again, given that it's West Mesa, there's nothing to really bring leisure travelers here.

Because we stayed for so long, we got to know the hotel very well. I also live less than a mile from the hotel, so I know the area very intimately.

The staff is excellent. We interfaced with everyone, including most of the housekeeping staff, all of the front desk staff, the kitchen staff, the maintenance staff, and the grounds staff. I will say they don't give off the most friendly vibe at first meeting, but we quickly learned that they universally have hearts of gold. Within reason, they'll do everything they can to make your stay a good one. We were there over Thanksgiving Weekend, my birthday, Christmas, New Year's, and my son's birthday. My son turned 3 while we were there and they left a note on his pillow next to his teddy bear during housekeeping, and then later that evening brought a card signed by the staff and a toy truck. We were truly touched. On Christmas day they had a Santa visit for the few kids who were there. They tried to serve "traditional" foods on the holidays. During football season, they always had games on in the lobby. All these little touches show that the staff really cares about what they're doing. Every morning at breakfast time my son would go to the front desk and Zuleika or Macy would give him a sticker, just to be nice.

It's true that the hotel is a little tired. I think the price is commensurate with the condition of the hotel. It's in an old part of town that is struggling, but the location is still clean and safe. It's also conveniently located near two major freeways through town, and is about 20 minutes from the airport. If you want something swanky or new, this isn't it. But neither is the whole rest of this town. What this is is a safe, quiet, comfortable, reasonably priced hotel run by people working their tails off to stay ahead of the hard times our part of town has landed on. As long as your expectations match what this hotel has to offer, you won't be disappointed. It's surrounded by 2 other Marriott hotels, a La Quinta, a Holiday Inn, a police sub station, residential homes, an office complex, a golf course, and abandoned retail. Nearby is an aging mall. Close dining includes fast food and middle-income dine-in restaurants. It's perfectly safe to walk around the neighboring area, and there is plenty of parking if you intend to drive.

The pool was always clean and a very comfortable temperature. I swam regularly, even in December and January. The spa was nice and warm and worked 95% of the time--the times it was down, they were working on it immediately. There are two computers and a printer at the work station-great for checking email, printing coupons or boarding passes, etc. It has a good little market corner. They offer free concierge grocery shopping--something I really miss!

I will say this is one of the lesser-equipped Residence Inns I've stayed in. It lacked a lot of the kitchen things that we have had at other Residence Inns. It had a small set of VERY small pans, silverware, plates, bowls, cups, mugs, a colander, a coffee maker, two small mixing bowls, a toaster, a cutting board and a can opener. It did not have anything oven-safe to bake in (sheet or plan), a skillet, a cheese grater, plastic "tupperware" type storage, foil, sponge, dish soap, or a knife block (or any knife sharp enough to cut anything raw with)--these things are things other Residence Inns usually have. There is a colander, but no pot actually large enough to make pasta in. The point of this is if you're used to staying in Residence Inns and plan to do your own cooking, plan your menus according to this list, or bring some extra things from home.

Breakfast is the same every single day. The only thing that changes is the main dish. You always have a choice of yogurt, bagels, toast, fruit (banana, apple, or orange), cold cereal, oatmeal, waffle bar, fried potatoes, sausage, juice, milk and coffee. There's a different egg dish each day, and sometimes they offer pancakes or french toast. I don't eat eggs of any kind so I can't tell you how they taste. The other stuff is average. There are plenty of choices and this is a great selection for people only staying a few days. For the long term people, some variety would have been nice. There's never any bacon. Ever. (Seriously, on the days I made bacon in my room, you could smell it in the halls--the other guests and the maid staff would knock on my door and ask for some! People want their bacon! :) On Christmas day, they had Canadian bacon style "ham" but otherwise, it's sausage every day.

Manager's receptions are Monday-Wednesday. We went to them about 60% of the time. Taco Bar is really good and very crowded. The other meals were adequate. There's also a nice propane barbeque by the pool, with tools available for checkout at the front desk.

The beds are very comfortable. The three of us slept well, as did my parents when they came to visit for Christmas, so we have 5 stamps of approval.

We only ever had one noise problem inside the hotel and the manager on duty addressed it immediately (2:00am loud twenty-somethings). We could hear him come and physically knock on their door to tell them to quiet down and they did. However, we frequently had problems with noise on weekends with the other Marriott hotel that backs up to this one. I don't know if it's less expensive or their management is more lax or what, but it seemed to attracted a lot more noisy "riff-raff" --loud parties, parking lot fights, etc, particularly on weekends. In the 12 weeks we were there, I think we called to complain about noise at least 6 of the weekends. If you can request a room that does NOT back up to that hotel, you might have a better chance of quiet.

I do have some suggestions for things they can tweak for people living there. When you stay long term, you only get maid service twice a week, on days of your choosing. This is fine, but they need to better equip the guests for the time between those days, including leaving enough dishwasher packets, trash bags, bathroom toiletries, etc. It doesn't make sense to only leave one dishwasher packet or one trash bag at room clean when you know you won't be back to refill it for 3 or 4 days, and you know the people are living there full time. It might be nice to have some of the extra kitchen accessories available for people to "check out" and use if it doesn't make sense to better stock every room.

I don't know where you would do it, but it would be nice to have an outdoor area that isn't the pool or the basketball court--something where you can get out and enjoy the sun, or stretch your legs, walk your pet, or let your little one run around. Because of the gate situation and the adjacent parking lots, there's not even a contiguous sidewalk to go for walks. We played in the abandoned parking lot next door a lot, but it's now fenced off. It would just be nice to have a place to be outside, without being at the pool, especially when the pool is more crowded.

Overall, we had a wonderful stay that was as peaceful as living in a hotel with a 3 year old and a 60 pound dog can be. You guys are really terrific. I intended to leave this review much sooner than now-if you can believe it, things in our home STILL aren't back to normal! Anyway, we hope you all are well and we recommend you to anyone who is looking for a quiet, safe, comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: A few rooms have fireplaces. Ask to not back up to other Marriott behind Residence Inn.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AZJen
Shawn M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for the fantastic feedback and suggestions! I am looking forward to sharing your kind words with the staff. We enjoyed getting to know you and your family. One of the things we love about working here is that we get the chance to get to know so many people! It's like an extended family!

I am sorry to hear things are not back to normal yet! I really hope it's not more contruction! We are happy to have you back if you need a little break! :)

Have a wonderful day!
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I chose this hotel as it was central to the various business locations I was visiting and had a good variety of bars and restaurants in close proximity. The hotel was clean and well maintained and all the staff from the cleaners to the management were approachable and friendly and were always happy to help. When I did have an issue with my room, this was quickly repaired by the very efficient maintenance staff.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
MEvs43, thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We truly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Mesa area!

Have a wonderful day!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We've been to Mesa many times but this time we selected a hotel that was clean and the staff was not only friendly but helpful! There was one person in particular that greeted us every day with a smile and was delightful; her name is Zuleika Chanes at the front desk.

Green Features: Linen and towels are changed as needed not daily which is a waste.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank happytravelstomesa
macey2951, General Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback, we are beyond happy that we were able to make an impact on your visit! Zulieka is pretty fantastic, I will absolutely pass your praise along to her and recognize her for the great customer service.

We look forward to having you and your family back again, have a wonderful day.

Macey Duncan, General Manager
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Location. location. location. The room was adequate and we particularly liked the separate living space and bedroom. Nice little kitchenette wirh fridge, dishwasher, plates, glasses and plates. As stated in previous posts the walls are very thin and we heard a baby crying down the hall every night. The free breakfast is a nice touch as is the social every evening. The employees saved a lower rating. The desk was over the top nice at check in and the staff kept the food fresh morning and evening and always with a smile. As also stated the shower had some rust stains and the faucet dripped. We were on the gound floor. Shopping and several restaurants are within walking distance. Not a bad experience but certainly not a very good one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shawn M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
bluezlover,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced while you were here with us. Your comments and ratings play a huge part in the success of our property. It will help us determine that areas in which we need to improve.

We look forward to to providing you excellent service the next time you are in the Mesa area!
COLORADO SPRINGS
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn while passing through Mesa. The reception is what warrants a 3 rating. I gave my name and the young lady said "Oh you booked with Expedia". I advised her I had called the Marriott reservation line and gave her my Marriott rewards as I did not have when booking. She indicated I did not qualify as I booked with Expedia. After a heated debate she finally took the number and I took the GM's card to send an e-mail. I had asked for top floor (standard request for us) but again the receptionist told us we were checking in early (it was 2:40pm) and that none of the top floors were available. The rooms were clean and functional. The pool is well maintained and the breakfast is good.
I did have the opportunity to speak to the GM (Lacey) who confirmed that the rewards number was indeed registered and she apologized for the reception.

Room Tip: Request a room that is on top floor or if on main floor, away from the pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Shawn M, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Phoenix Mesa, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Please accept my sincerest apologies for the less than satisfactory experience with our staff. I can assure you that this is a rare occurance. I hope that we cand show you what we are made of on your next visit to the Mesa area. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or concerns.