“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Alberta
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I was referred to this hotel and was glad that we stayed there. The staff was friendly, and the rooms were very clean.
Had a great time in the pool, and the hot tub was hot. If you need more towels at the pool - just ask.
Lots of water pressure in the shower and ice in the ice maker. Lots of TV channels to watch and free WIFI. This is a dog friendly hotel.
Free Breakfast includes fruit, coffee, juice, toast, and waffles. I enjoyed the juice and the waffle.
There are coffee makers, microwaves and mini fridges in the room.
Drawbacks: No restaurant, and they sometimes need another person on the front desk. Smoking in the pool area. No balconies
Close to Fiesta Mall, which has a lot of closed stores due to the economy, but they have a Dallards Clearance Center there with crazy deals.
Go to the Classic Grille in the mall and have a burger - Great service and yummy food!
Overall, this was good value for my money and we will be visiting there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kashmire4476

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Berkshires, MA
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Front desk staff were very friendly. Continental breakfast was reasonable. Housekeeping was an issue. Our bed was not made until the 3rd day of our one-week stay, even after speaking to the front desk the first morning. We were told that we had signed a paper on check-in that said we only got 3 days of housekeeping in a week. We did not even see such a paper, nor were we receiving any kind of special weekly rate. There was no place to hang used towels to dry even if we had agreed to only 3 days of housekeeping. They agreed to provide room service every day when we complained. In addition to the unmade bed, two days, they emptied only some of the trash and another day we had no face clothes provided. Room was rather noisy. We could hear toilet flushing and water running in the adjacent room, as well talking in the hallway. Sink stopper did not hold water when I tried to wash out some clothing. Shower made a high pitched sound during entire shower on last morning. I'm not sure the adjacent room appreciated this at 3:30 a.m. when we were preparing to leave for any early flight. It was an OK stay, but they need to work on the details. Recommend with reservations.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank CFCamper
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 20 December 2010

I was planning a wedding at my home and had many out of town guests. After doing alot of checking, I chose to have them stay at this hotel. The location is very good, close to shopping and restaurants. As with any wedding we had a few last minute changes and the staff was extremely helpful. Mary and Jessie were great to me and our guests. This hotel is a great value and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank ann K
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 16 November 2010

The only thing I could wish for would be some hot items on the breakfast menu (like biscuits, gravy) :) Otherwise Hotel is awesome :)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 October 2010

mattress has seen better days, cleanliness was terrific

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Concho, Arizona
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I needed a hotel with airport transfers to Gateway Airport and this was the only one with a free shuttle. They also let me leave my car at the hotel until my return trip.
I was very pleased with the hotel. From the reviews, the hotel has been around since 2003 but it looked new to me. The front desk was accommodating when I arrived early and they found a clean room for me. The room was very nice and comfortable. The location is great if you want to walk to the mall and to lots of different restaurants. The airport shuttle driver was friendly. The breakfast was a standard free breakfast - nothing special but it was fine.
I don't know what has changed since the older bad reviews but it was a very pleasant stay. I need to fly out of Gateway Airport frequently and I will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 24 August 2008

There is really nothing wrong with this hotel EXCEPT it is the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. there were people running up and down the hallways all night long and mgmt seemed unconcerned about it. the room-to-room noise seems o.k. but the door into the hallway seems to let every sound into the room. we were booked here for 5 nights, got a great rate, but checked out after 2 nights because we could not take the noise. the room was very nice and spacious, the beds were comfortable and the staff seemed friendly but were totally ineffective in our situation. the breakfast was ordinary, less than other hotels. there are several nice restaurants within walking distrance and a big mall across the freeway. make sure to ask for a room away from the freeway side if you decide to stay here.

• Liked — The low room rate
  • Disliked — The unrelenting noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple