La Quinta Inn & Suites Mesa Superstition Springs
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Concho, Arizona
“Great place!”
Reviewed 2 March 2010

I needed a hotel with airport transfers to Gateway Airport and this was the only one with a free shuttle. They also let me leave my car at the hotel until my return trip.
I was very pleased with the hotel. From the reviews, the hotel has been around since 2003 but it looked new to me. The front desk was accommodating when I arrived early and they found a clean room for me. The room was very nice and comfortable. The location is great if you want to walk to the mall and to lots of different restaurants. The airport shuttle driver was friendly. The breakfast was a standard free breakfast - nothing special but it was fine.
I don't know what has changed since the older bad reviews but it was a very pleasant stay. I need to fly out of Gateway Airport frequently and I will continue to use this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
California
Reviewed 24 August 2008

There is really nothing wrong with this hotel EXCEPT it is the noisiest hotel we have ever stayed in. there were people running up and down the hallways all night long and mgmt seemed unconcerned about it. the room-to-room noise seems o.k. but the door into the hallway seems to let every sound into the room. we were booked here for 5 nights, got a great rate, but checked out after 2 nights because we could not take the noise. the room was very nice and spacious, the beds were comfortable and the staff seemed friendly but were totally ineffective in our situation. the breakfast was ordinary, less than other hotels. there are several nice restaurants within walking distrance and a big mall across the freeway. make sure to ask for a room away from the freeway side if you decide to stay here.

• Liked — The low room rate
  • Disliked — The unrelenting noise
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2008

When we were at this hotel in March, 2008 we had a very pleasant stay. Check- in was easy, our room was spacious and clean, the bathroom was spotless, and housekeeping did a good job everyday.

Breakfast supplies were appealing and a hostess replinished them frequently.

The hotel has a pleasant courtyard and pool area. There are many excellent restaurants in walking distance.

The staff was very helpful and friendly.

We plan to stay there again several times this year.

• Liked — the room, the location, the friendly staff
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dillon62
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 2 November 2007

ROOM 606 has BED BUGS. I awoke with 20 to 30 bites that have taken a month to go away. Can you say itchy.

• Disliked — BED BUGS
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
5 Thank LuckyMike_7
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 19 January 2007

We chose this hotel based on the recommendation of a friend. We arrived and used their driving directions from the airport. They were very easy to follow. Check in was a breeze - the staff had our information all printed out and ready. All I needed to do was sign. We were given our room keys to room 409. The room was very clean and very spacious.

Wireless internet access was available in the lobby and free internet access was provided in the rooms.

Housekeeping did a great job every day. The breakfast provided in the hotel was excellent. The hotel is very close to many restaurants and shopping areas.

Overall, we would select this hotel if we were going to be back in the area again. It was very convenient to highways and a good value.

• Liked — Location!
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank sandy6879
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2006

I was in Mesa on one of those unfortunate family illness visits, and I was looking for a hotel that was clean, peaceful, and soothing. I didn't have any need for a spa or a resort hotel, so I checked the reviews on this site. They were right! This La Quinta is an excellent, impeccably kept hotel, with a friendly, low-key and helpful staff. I arrived at midnight -- the last one in for the night -- and the guy at the front desk was very efficient, courteous and funny. Exactly what I needed after a whole day of travel. My room was spacious and fully equipped without being over done. Nice water pressure in the shower, massage head, curved shower bar. Broadband is the wired type, there's a cable in the room. The cont. breakfast spread has everything from boiled eggs to do-it-yourself waffles to oatmeal and fruit salad. The lobby where it's served is spacious, with a fountain in the middle. There's a simple, very nicely kept pool area. All in all, a great low-key place. And they take pets. I didn't bring mine, but it was nice to know I could have.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
2 Thank TyphoonT
KANSAS
Reviewed 10 December 2005

We venture to Mesa for golf every year and this was our first stay at this hotel but most certainly would stay here again.Centrally located to all golf and restaurants in the valley and close to the airport.

• Stayed May 2005