“Comfortable stay”

GreenTree Inn & Suites Mesa
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Mesa
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed here only for 1 night and room was clean and bed was comfortable. We got a room near the reception on the ground floor and were worried about being noisy but it was quite. We used the Jacuzzi and the pool. Breakfast was typical. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 February 2014

The hotel itself wasn't bad. However, when we checked out, we accidently left our clothes hanging in the closet. I contacted the hotel immediately and explained we had left our clothing. I was directed to call the manager in the morning. I called the next morning and spoke with Vicki. She stated my clothes were there and when I asked her to verify the items, she explained they were in a sealed bag. I gave her my Credit Card info so they would ship my colthing to me... When I received the box, only my husbands items where inside. My brand new shirt and scarf were not in the box. I spoke with Vicki again as was told they shipped what was left in the room. She went on and on about how they hire ethical employees, that no one would ever steal anything. After going back and forth with her that my clothing was missing, she stated she would look at the cameras in the hallway to verify what housekeeping removed from the room. I have not heard back from Vicki. I contacted their corporate office and was told there is nothing they can do, to talk to the hotel. I also completed the survey the hotel emailed me and received a response from a Cecilia Hernandez, the front desk manager.. stating they thoroughly investigated this matter and all items were returned...

We will never stay here again...and frankly, contacting Marriott Corporate offices was a complete waste of time. I know without a doubt what was left hanging in the room... Someone who works at that property is enjoying my brand new shirt and scarf. I wiould not recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
FFISMesa, Front Office Manager at GreenTree Inn & Suites Mesa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

After a full investigation, and per your conversation with the General Manager on 02/27, unfortunately neither a blouse or scarf was found in room. However a credit was issued to you for the total value you quoted. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

I am a platinum Marriott rewards member and have stayed at Marriott properties around the world. This was the first time I have checked in and immediately checked out. The property was tired, seemed unclean, and the room assigned, 219, had a noise so invasive coming from a utility closet next door I could not stay. Unreal.
There were no other rooms available. It is not likely the management were unaware of this situation yet were willing to rent it! I was forced to find another hotel at 1am. The nice people at the Hilton (also booked)took the time to call around and find me a room. Wouldn't you think a platinum Marriott customer would be worth that effort? Hummmm.
Unfair to judge all Marriotts by this bad experience but take my advice and avoid this one .

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BullaPeople

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.
The noise that unfortunately you experience we found to be an alarm that went off in our equipment room due to the Amber Alert that was issued that night. This is the first time this alarm has gone off, and we have found it was due to an update. Be assured that this issue has been corrected. We sincerely apologize for not having another room available for you, we were sold out that night.
We do value you as a customer; everything we do is focused at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were a little worried at first. After a 6hr. flight we checked in and unpacked. We were washing up to refresh ourselves and the hot water was out. We were a little disappointed but upon our return the problem was resolved. Overall there was a nice breakfast assortment and the rooms were very clean. We would stay there again. The location was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KCT287
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Family staying in Mesa for a few days for our son's wedding. The room was clean and inviting. The staff was exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to make sure our stay was comfortable. The only knock on the room was a little rust developing in the tub/shower that could be a safety hazard if not corrected soon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Buckingbison
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed two nights--once at the start of a long weekend and again on the last night (same room both times). We choose this hotel because we needed a couple of nights for a Marriott promotion and the price was right. A previous review had mentioned bedbugs and this is always a concern for us, so we did a hard check--basically took the bed apart and removed the headboard. We found no evidence of the nasty little critters and , perhaps more importantly, RECEIVED NO BITES on either stay.

The pros-
-The bed was comfortable
-The room was clean. It had new carpet and a recent paint job.
-The tub drained well--always a pet peave if it backs up.
-The staff was friendly
-The breakfast was good. Healthy stuff for my wife--eggs and sausage for me.

The cons-
-Although clean, the bathroom showed some wear.
-Towels clean, but not fluffy. Time to be replaced.
-Sheets similar to the towels--clean, but too many trips through the wash.
-A few stains low on the bed skirt.
-A/C was loud--could be a problem for a light sleeper.

The bottom line. This hotel is on the high end of average for a budget property and we would have no hesitation in staying again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muskrat2
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I needed a place to stay while doing business and playing in a soccer tournament in AZ. The soccer field was located about 45-minutes away from this hotel, but I didn't see anything closer that fit my budget. My older brother was traveling with me, so there were two of us and we were there for two nights.

We arrived around 7pm, and the clerk was there to greet us. As a Marriott Platinum member, I am eligible for a room upgrade if it is available, and the clerk proactively offered it. The check-in was easy, and they had all my room preferences correct.

The room was comfortable and clean. We dropped off our suitcases and went out to eat dinner. I was pleasantly surprised by how many chain restaurants were nearby. I also noticed that there were several gas stations and a grocery store within a mile.

The lobby area was pleasantly decorated, and the breakfast was nice. The food was typical for a Fairfield Inn, and included scrambled eggs, sausage patties, four types of dry cereals, oatmeal, bagels, muffins, yogurt, fruit, etc.. They also had apple and orange juice, coffee, and milk. The food was well presented and the serving area was kept clean.

I was able to make use of the hot tub in the evening, and there were plenty of towels available in the pool area. All-in-all, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: If you become a Marriott member, you can preset your room preferences. Those preferences will show...