“Good Mexican Food”

Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Sedona
“Good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

This restaurant is a good value for the price paid. The entrees overall are good to very good, and the chips and salsa are excellent. We have eaten here a couple of times when in the area, and will return again. Worth a try if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2012

Mesa, Arizona
“Make your way to the back streets of Miami and eat at this local place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We have been coming here for years and it has been consistently very good. The service is always top and the turn around from ordering to being plated in front of you is quick. Today we came with friends and enjoyed the green chili burros which is always my favorite and husband had the combo plate of burro and taco and tostada. Friends chose the burros as well and said, "they are good today". Yes the chips are very good with the fill in of fried flour tortillas as well as corn. Salsa's are typical and good enough but the green chili burro is excellent. Today there were loads, loads, loads of chilis inside and oh so good. Actually they were so good that on our way out of town later in the day we stopped and grabbed 2 more that we had fried to eat tomorrow. Oh and we didn't get to sneek in because the same waitresses greeted me and said, "back again"? Yes when you live in the valley and can't find the green chili that you like you head to the hills and make it an afternoon with friends at El Rey's eating and enjoying life.

• Visited January 2013
“Basic but Very Good food for an excellent price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Recommended to us by N. P. Volunteer, would have driven by it as it is nothing special from the outside. Basic and clean inside. Mexican food selection was excellent. Service was very good as was the food. Will return again.

Phoenix, Arizona
“Classic "Globe Mexican" Cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I grew up in Globe, so I grew up thinking the style of food served in the Mexican restaurants there was the absolute best. I still think that. I long for it. Even when I was living in Mexico, I dreamed about Globe Mexican. My friends get tired of my rhapsodizing about it. When I visit Globe for the weekend I never fail to go out to eat. Sometimes twice.

The food isn't very authentic to Mexico, but it's very authentic to the area.

Guayo's El Rey is one of my two favorites among the many good Mexican Restaurants in Globe. I especially love their flour tortilla chips. Try the regular burro, enchilada, and taco combo. Prices are good and the food is excellent:--classic, simple, yet delicious.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Melinda B
Mesa
“Good mexican food and inexpensive,”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

Green chile is great, love the flour and corn chips. The decor is basic but the service is good, Well worth the drive from Phoenix.

• Visited May 2012