“Slightly strange, slightly cheeky but overall enjoyable”

El Solar Del Convento
Ranked #12 of 300 Restaurants in Salta
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Very quiet, even at 10pm when we left, but very nicely furnished and decorated dining room. Service was exquisite and the free glass of bubbly was most welcome!

Food was a very high quality and not too expensive considering the place and the service.

WATCH OUT for the bread baskets which are brought out and then replenished without warning if you finish it as they are each charged on your bill at the end!

Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

A classic restaurant with great empanadas, an extensive wine list and the best beef in north argentina....highly recommended

Reviewed 13 April 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at El Solar. the dining room is intimate , quiet and elegant. We were greeted by our excellent waiter and were given a complimentary glass of Champagne. ( the waiter refilled our glasses too !) Unlike most argentinian restaurants, El Solar offeres typical parilla foods as well as other more european options.
My husband ordered pork parilla and I ordered chicken aosta. We also had a salad of tomatoes and lettuce, and a bottle of Malbec while listening to the beautiful strains of Vivaldi.
Very romatic evening.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions over the last 3 years. It is in a good location in the centre of Salta. I have been with friends, as a couple and on business with a group for lunch and dinner. It is not only considered a good restaurant to go to as a tourist but recommended to me by locals which I think is the best recommendation of all. I have never been dissapointed either by the service, variety or quality of the food. The waiters are friendly and efficient and for those people that do not speak spanish and struggle to understand the menus - they are written in both languages on the same menu which is great. Last night I had the trucha con limon (trout and lemon) so you can have a rest from meat if you need to ! They are also open from around 8.30 pm when you can't wait to eat late argentinian time - but expect it to be quieter at that time.

Reviewed 3 February 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times over the past three years and I am never disappointed. Of course, the Argentinian beef is some of the finest I have had in Argentina, ( I live in Argentina 5 months a year...) and the portions are much larger than you would find in Buenos Aires. You are provided with a complimentary glass of champagne along with some regional tapas upon arrival. The service is friendly and professional. The wine selection is excellent and features some local Malbec...and in my opinion they are far superior to those in the Mendoza region. A must visit when in Salta.

1  Thank rypnhammer