“The steak is unbelievably good”

El Solar Del Convento
Ranked #13 of 290 Restaurants in Salta
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My husband and I went here on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. The filet mignon was one of the best I have every had. The portion was so large that I had trouble finishing it, but could not resist - it was so good. It was such a good meal that my husband took a friend for dinner and also found it excellent. Best of all was the price - $7.50 for the steak and a total of $20 for the two of us including tax, tip, and a free glass of wine.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Diners at El Solar de Convento are greeted with a glass of local sparkling wine. The staff is very friendly, professional and attentive. The Bife Chorizo is one of my all time favourites in Argentina! The food was exceptionally good every time we visited this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This centrally located restaurant was located very close to our hotel. It came recommended to us by our guide in the NW of Argentina. So we dined there on our last night in Salta after returning from Cafayate. The property stands out on Caseros with its yellow arches and the large dinning room features desert hues and replica masks on the long wall.

We were immediately seated and presented with a flute of sparkling wine (a nice touch) as it took some time to read the extensive menu and wine list. We opted for a malbec reserve from the Nanni Winery that we had visited the day before, and were not disappointed. Our entre was a type of avocado salad served in a fruit glass, each with chopped egg, one with tuna pieces and the other with shrimp. The dressing had a mayonnaise base.

We both had a 'lomo' main, mine with mushrooms in a light sauce and my husband's with a tomato-based gravy. Served with small potatoes, the accompanying asparagus was overcooked and mushy and did not seem fresh.

Both of us passed on dessert, but there were numerous selections available. Overall, it was a pleasant option for a celebration meal. Prices are higher than many other restaurants in the area, but not excessively so for a fine dining experience.

1  Thank canadakate_11
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Well, it feels good to sit in a restaurant with a professional staff, with waiters that know their job.
The welcome drink, a glass of sparkling wine, is a nice touch.
The food was not top of the bill but good enough for a pleasant lunch.
The bathroom could to with an update......

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Wow what a steak. First you are invited to a glas of champagne. Service is very nice and quick. I ordered the steak and it was perfect if you like medium order jugoso.its soft and perfect grilled and huuuuge with spicy crust. I went 3 days later again on my last day in argentina.

1  Thank Karin L