“Excellent”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Tafi del Valle
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 December 2010

Great time, good food, comfortable place, friendly staff. Obviously well managed!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed 7 November 2009

I’m from BA, however I usually choose to write these reviews in English so they can reach a broader audience.
Tafi del Valle is a beautiful, pristine place, but mainly quiet. That means you will feel really connected to nature and the environment, and will be able to rest peacefully. Having said that, this also means hotels still need development. This one in particular had only three employees in the place that we were able to see. The only guests were the ones in the tour (about 15, we stayed for one night).
The girl at the reception desk was obviously lacking the necessary skills to do her job. She could not handle all customers at the same time; was not nice with us at all; didn’t even know if she had or not a PC for us to use, finally she accepted she had, and could lend it, but just for a little time, I suppose she did not want us to go into the room since it was in the back part of the main desk.
We had dinner at the hotel, since there are not many options in town. It was very good, prices of course more than reasonable. Good deserts. As I said one person was the chef, who also handled luggage and other stuff; another was the waiter and the third employee was the receptionist.
The morning I was leaving, my door got stuck when I came back from breakfast to finish packing and I had to call the chef/bell boy. Good thing I was at ground level. He had no luck with the door so he opened a little window to the garden of the property and I had to get by the window as I could to then go back out. The problem was trying to make my luggage go thru it as well. It was twice the width of the little window. I still do not believe he didn’t break it. So it was not a nice experience and it really surprised me no one made an attempt to kick the door (it would have been so much easier, but I was not going to do it by myself)
Rooms are pretty basic and there was always a smell of cockroach insecticide. Few channels but Direct TV on restaurant. No air conditioning.
I would say, if you need to stay somewhere in your trip from Tucuman to Salta (city with great hotels), try to stay in Cafayate which looks busier. Do not avoid Tafi though, such a beautiful place to miss.

• Stayed October 2009
#1 of 20 in Cafayate
No photo provided
Waynay Killa Hotel
#3 of 11 in Tafi del Valle

Been to Mirador del Tafi Hotel? Share your experiences!