“wonderful evening!”

Taska Beltza
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Cuisines: Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: "LA TASKA" RSTAURANTE Traditional Baska, Spanish, and Argentinian recipies cooked with the best patagonian products.
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stopped by for dinner last night and spent a very memorable evening - food was great as was the service! We were not expecting anything special as we had not read any reviews, but the restaurant was recommended by our hotel, so assumed it would be at least "OK".
We arrived and were greeted by the "Black" who we later realized was also the chef. He explained that his waitress was ill, so he was filling in for her and also cooking! His presentation of what was available was so mouth watering, we had trouble making a decision, but ended up opting for Salad, and order of the Langoustinis in Cognac and scallops with the "top- drawer" gratinee- and all were absolutely delicious. We loved every morsel and my husband was ready to lick the plates! We really had no room for dessert, but got talked into the BOMB, and again hubby's finger was wiping off the last drip of chocolate! Prices were more than reasonable (total dinner including wine was about 500 pesos). We have booked again for this evening!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We were treated not just like customers but almost like long lost friends. Forget the menu card and just listen to the chef El Negro explaining what he has to offer and then throw a coin to make a choice as all just sounds (and tastes) heavenly - he explains his ingedients and sauces and recipes with so much passion that one can really feel the love he has for his job and customers.

If you cannot make a choice - just do like we did and come again the next day! It is worth it! The sea food was (especially the shrimp in cognac sauce) defenitely one of the best we ever had in Argentina. La Bomba - chocolate of three textures and temperatures - is way worth keeping a bit of space in the stomach for dessert. El Negro - thank you for two great evenings!

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We were recommended this place by our guide and whilst it was off the main tourist drag,it was only 4 blocks back from the main promenade and a world away from the tourist traps there. We had a great waitress who could speak English and with her help we ordered a platter of shellfish and a great salad. Everything was fresh with lots of taste. The chef came out to greet the guests and was full of enthusiasm for both his food and guests. If you want to avoid the tourist places and get great fish and seafood with good service this is the place to go.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I would say this is a very good restaurant vs other restaurants in Puerto Madryn but perhaps quite average versus what you would find in BA. I found the food was somewhat hit and miss, but the service makes this restaurant special for me...chef 'Black' makes a point to chat with all his guests and is highly entertaining and passionate about his food.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Went here as it's number 2 in the rankings and wish I'd made a different choice. I was severely underwhelmed. They had no merluza (hake) but was assured the other white fish they had was just like it. It was not. It was not light, very meaty and there were too many bones left in the fillet. The fries however were the best in my 3 months on this continent. Salad also nice. Dessert however left a lot to be desired. Meant to be warm outside and cold inside (baked Alaska came to mind) I was left disappointed when the meringue had only had a once over with the blow torch and still raw underneath. I sent it back saying it wasn't warm but it came back the same.
On top of it I find it annoying when restaurants give you bread without pointing out you'll be charged for it.
Also I felt it very expensive for what it was.