“The best of concrete”
Review of Territorio Hotel

Territorio Hotel
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Puerto Madryn
Reviewed 19 January 2013

From the outside the Hotel with is austere curved front looks a bit daunting - but be not afraid, inside you will find an excellent set of facilities - friendly front desk, a superb foyer with a full skeleton of a southern right whale stretching alongside the corridor, rooms looking out over the bay, where it is possible - we tell you true - to sit in the bath and see whales in the bay. Hotel is slightly off the main town strip, but that actually makes it better

Room Tip: Close to eco-museum up on the hill, and an easy stroll
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Elegant modern hotel, rich and tastefully done, overlooks the ocean, and we can see runners and walkers along the path in front of the hotel, ocean in the near background. And try the restaurant!
Tonight for dinner in the beautifully appointed dining room, we had grilled vegetables with two types of cheeses ( my description does not give enough credit) and then a dish of lamb agnolotti , which is like puffs of pasta filled with a fantastic lamb ragout, with a delicious light red tomato sauce. Going back tomorrow night for dinner. Cab driver said this is the best hotel in puerto madryn I believe it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2012

This hotel by far was the most elegant structure of our trip to Argentina. The rooms are lovely, the public spaces were wonderfully designed and beautiful. Being that the hotel is outside of town, we chose to eat in the hotel restaurant. The food was good and the staff tried hard but it wasn't tops. The young ladies were sweet and tried hard. My wife had the fish soup and enjoyed that. The staff was polite. The breakfast buffet was lovely. We enjoyed sittlng either in our room or in the lounge and watching the activity along the walkway down from us. In short, a beautiful hotel that is almost there. The biggest drawback is that you need a cab to get to town. It is a bit far out for a hike into town.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raymond M
Reviewed 23 November 2012

Great hotel with lovely food and superb views over the bay of Golfo Nuevo towards The Penisular Valdes. You can see Southern Right Whales cavorting in the bay from their reception. Make sure you take binoculars. Really polite and helpful staff. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Long way out of the town of Puerto Madryn. 35-40 minute walk. Taxis are very reasonably priced and c...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank WhaleWatchWestCork
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Hotel Territorio is beautiful hotel located just outside of the centre of Puerto Madryn with a wonderful view overlooking the bay. Reception was very efficient. Although the staff at reception speaks very little English they were extremely helpful. The rooms are well appointed, of a good size and very clean. We booked a standard room. We also had dinner at the hotel restaurant and although the service was quite chaotic the food was pretty good. All in all, I think one of the best places to stay in Puerto Madryn.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dd220786
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here with 2 friends and we thought it was great - a bit of luxury at the end of a 3 week trip. It is a bit out of town but only a 5 minute taxi ride which cost the equivalent of about £4-5.

Rooms are clean and well equipped with very good showers. We were in an end room with a slightly slanted view of the sea but the views in general are very good especially from the bar area and the spa - we spotted orcas in the bay whilst sitting in the hot tub!

The staff were exceptionally helpful, especially Marianna who was very friendly and helped book restaurants / gave us advice about the pennisula.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jalu47
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Great location on the bay. Nice views, pleasant spa, comfortable rooms. However, having made a reservation for dinner, my wife and I waied for 15 minutes while they prep'd a table for us. Eventually they seated us and we ordered food and wine. 10 minutes later the waitress returned and told us they were out of the seafood dish I had ordered (they only had 3 starters and 4 main courses on the menu). I made another selection and asked where our wine was. 10 minutes after that the server returned to say they were out of one of the starters too. I simply asked for bread and the wine at this point. After another 10 minutes, still nothing had appeared at our table, we got up, left and ate elsewhere. The next morning, I asked for the manager so I could register a complaint. The manager would be in later that afternoon, but I relayed my experience to the front desk where they thanked me for bringing it to their attention. They told me I would be discounted something for the poor service I received. I asked if I could be assured that we would be properly served that evening, and was told yes, but the manager would sort that out. We returned from our excursions later that day and had no communication from the manager whatsoever. My wife and I ate elsewhere that night and checked out the next morning. No discount, or more importantly, no communication or apology was received from the manager. We left, very disappointed with the lack of care and attention from both staff and management.
The hotel also claims to be a spa, but robes and slippers were only available in the spa itself. It would make more sense to have them available in the room, or at least deliver them once an appointment has been made. Spa facilities are basic.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but higher floors have better views of the whale activity in the bay
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple