Stayed at this hotel twice during October and November - both times with a sea facing room, once on the fourth and once on the fifth floor.
It is a good hotel at the price in this area. And the reception staff were helpful and speak english well.
Our room was sizeable - and the bathroom was well laid out. It was all kept clean. The view from the room, over the bay, was excellent (and from there we did see whales - with the aid of binoculars!). Good room safe. Wifi was available free throughout the hotel and the signal reception was adequate - but I did encounter understandable problems moving a large picture file as an attachment to an email on one occasion. The hotel was reasonable quiet (ie not much noise from other guests) and whilst there was some early evening traffic noise on Av Juil A Roca it was not excessive and had cleared in time for a good night sleep. Air conditioning was up and running on our second visit and was fine.
The breakfast was typical of the area and was fair. Seating could be stretched at times, but we never failed to find a place and to have an adequate breakfast.
Never had a full meal at the hotel (plenty of good restaurants nearby) but the service in the car / bar was good and staff were helpful.
Used the car park, which was on a first come first served basis (there were not many spaces available, but there were many spares available during our visit) at a small extra charge.
The hotel appears to suffer from lack of precision on certain web sites from what the charge covers (tax and breakfast being typical) - but recheck with the handling site or agent (as we did to find that the exclusions were wrong and items were included) and its actual location (it is situated close to the pier, directly overlooking the promenade and bay).
One of our main concerns was how to organise the transfer from Trelew airport, late at night, to the hotel. We abandoned the idea of getting a rented car at the airport and opted for a transfer organised efficiently by Ryan Travel (picking up a rented car in Puerto Madryn later). That approach worked very well - it is a modest distance to travel. We also used Ryan Travel for englsih speaking guided tours to Peninsula Valdes (prior to staying in P Piramde and Gaiman ourselves) and Punto Tombo - recommended. Our return flight from Trelew ten days later experienced a significant delay and Ryan Travel (who we also booked for a return transfer) took some of the strain in helping us through that difficulty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located strategically in the city, opposite to the sea and a few minutes of Peninsula Valdés, Australis Yene hue, means place of whales in the Mapuche language.It is built on a land of 1000 m2 and posses 11 floors to favour the best views, 71 rooms, a complete SPA, a thematic tango restaurant and conventions rooms.Of category 4 start superior, this hotel offers the most sophisticated hotel for this tourist destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Australis Yene hue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Yene Hue Hotel Puerto Madryn
- Australis Yene Hue Puerto Madryn, Argentina - Patagonia