“Only available place..............”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Trelew
Gwynedd, North Wales
“Only available place..............”
Reviewed 13 January 2008

I arrived in Trelew with no accommodation booked as I hadn't planned on staying in the town at all! I went to 3 hotels with no luck and then came across the Galicia.

The man at the front desk was very helpful and apologetic that he only had one room to offer me. The room on offer was a very small room right in the middle of the building (no window). I was just glad to get a room!

As I said, the room was very small and very basic but included a TV and a shower and suited me fine. The only complaint I had was the noise at night. As the room was in the middle of the building with no window there had to be a large air vent above the door and through that I heard 3 different people snoring very loudly! But, nothing the hotel could do about that!

The breakfast was not great but I didn't expect a lot for the price.

I would stay there again but book in advance to get a room with a window.

• Liked — location & price
  • Disliked — room with no window
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cymru84

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Otago
Reviewed 24 October 2007

The Galacia is very average. I had no complaints but it was not the best or the worst place I have ever stayed. It was just average.

There aren't a lot of places to stay in Trelew and there is not a lot to do here. I was only there one night to catch an early flight to BA.

I had a single room with en suite bathroom and heaps and heaps of hot water for 120 pesos including breakfast. I'd say it was average value for that part of the country. Staff spoke only a little English.

As I say, a perfectly average place to stay. Clean, quiet and everything you want but a little impersonal. (But heaps of rooms so probably no need to book - I just walked in off the street).

Seven mins walk from the bus station (just go straight up the main road and Galacia is on your left). Watch for the local bums who unload your bags from the bus before you can get off and expect to be tipped and get angry if you don't.

Close to the only thing of any note to see in Trelew. (The very very disappointing dinosaur museum - don't bother going. It was better than the one in Buenos Aires but only in the way that it is better to eat sand than rocks).

Not many places to eat but the hotel staff indicated some good places.

Remis taxi drivers called from place across the road by the hotel for me were friendly and safe and very cheap.

Assuming you have to be in Trelew - and I hope it is for one night only - then I suggest you may as well stay here. I looked at other places and I don't think they would be any better.

• Liked — Big so no need to book in advance.
  • Disliked — No complaints. A very average and functional hotel.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank madryn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trelew
Patagonia Suites & Apart
#2 of 3 in Trelew
Libertador Hotel
Libertador Hotel
#2 of 7 in Trelew

Been to Hotel Galicia? Share your experiences!