“Very surprising”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Morenci
CA
“Very surprising”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was a bit sceptic about staying here but I had business so I thought I'd try it. The room was nothing to write home about but it was clean and had nice bathroom amenities (Pantene). I was in town for two nights but could only get one night's lodging so I had to drive almost an hour to Safford. The restaurant was excellent! I had lunch and dinner here and definitely would return. I did have a complaint about the waitress at dinner who didn't tell me the salad bar was included and by the time she did my entree was already served. Even so I would return if I was in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Eagar, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Hotel Phone Number (928) 865-4111. This motel is hard to find. No street address displayed on the building and no sign at the street. Best landmark; Bashas' Supermarket on the right, Morenci Motel on the left. They have no king rooms, all Queen bed size. We did get a room with 2 Queen beds and hence the lovers leap. The room was well appointed, squeaky clean and everything worked. Also, quiet. Front desk was prompt and friendly. Something is going on with the restaurant. Sign is posted that it is no longer open on Sundays. The desk told me they would not be open on the next day, Saturday, as well. I asked if there was a Denny's in Morenci. With a laugh she answered no. She did recommend the Copper Canyon Diner across the street in the Bashas' shopping center. We went there for breakfast. Excellent menu and food, excellent service and very modest prices.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Lawrence R
Safford, Arizona
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We had some family in from out of town and decided to meet and eat breakfast at the motel. The waitress’ complained because we requested 3 tables not 2 to accommodate our party of 12. They (the waitresses) were rude the entire time. The cook/cooks were great and the young girls giving us our drinks were great too. There are much better places in town to eat with much better service. Try PJ's, El Corralito, or Tyler's Taste of Texas, all in Clifton, all with better food and far better service. There is also a Motel in Clifton.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank ldr4
California
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Had to travel to this area for a wedding... There is not much out here in the way of lodging or service. Front Desk not nice at all- never made eye contact or acknowledged I was waiting to check in (not like she was busy) Then they had the nerve to charge me $30 extra to check in early? Seriously! Then the water was cut off- Plumbing issues- and she had no response as to when or how long it would take.- Overall- place was kept up, faily clean- just not a great area for much other than Copper Mining.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank BiotechCalifornia

Been to Morenci Motel? Share your experiences!