Las Balsas
Colina del Manzano(Villa La Angostura)
US$129
US$164
US$131
Hotels.com
Hosteria Puerto Sur(Villa La Angostura)
US$176
US$143
Hostel La Angostura(Villa La Angostura)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$54
  • Breakfast included
US$230
US$190
Alma Andina Hosteria(Villa La Angostura)
US$145
US$121
Hosteria Encanto del Rio(Villa La Angostura)(Great Value!)
US$94
Ona Apart Hotel & Spa(Villa La Angostura)
US$104
Sol Arrayan Hotel & Spa(Villa La Angostura)
US$1,583
US$1,500
Hotels.com
Correntoso Lake & River Hotel(Villa La Angostura)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsheated infinity poolprice pointtrouthotel guestsmemorable stayan amazing placeexcellent restauranthotel experiencegorgeous viewssmall hotelview of the lakeignacioconciergespalakesidesuitepatagonia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

One of the best hotel that I´ve stayed in my life. It is well located, the view to Nahuel Huapi lake and to the Andes is simply perfect. The employees of the hotel treat you like a king all the time, giving tips on what to do, how to do, what to eat, and they are always asking you what they can do for you. Ignacio, Augustine, Paolo and others, you live in my heart now! =)
The hotel is small, only 13 rooms, and they are all simple but elegant. L´occitane amenities, water bottles (free), chocolates and someone preparing the bed for you to sleep are kind of details that make Las Balsas perfect. Take your time to have a cup of homemade tea at the end of the day as well as for the breakfast. The waitress will bring you anything you want, fresh and delicious! Well, I love that place and will come back soon!

Room Tip: The rooms are quite similar in size, but the ones on 1st floor have better view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pri_Dres
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My family and I are Relais & Chateau enthusiasts, and we try to eat and stay at their properties everywhere we go. In fact, we just spent five wonderful days at Las Balsas, in Villa La Angostura.
The place is gorgeous, the service impeccable, the food delicious. What a magical place in the south of Argentina. Nothing compares to this.
However, I have to mention something that made our stay a bit unpleasant.
On our second day, my daughters (aged 9 and 6) asked me about an ugly smell.
They were right, something smelled, and it was cigar smoke.
I asked the person at the front desk, and we found out that, indeed, someone was smoking a cigar. But not just someone. It was the owner of the hotel, who was here on a visit.
Apparently he doesn't seem to listen to the complaints, and he smoked his cigar often.
We counted four times. There were other, smaller kids at the hotel as well.
It was not only rude and unhealthy for our children, it is also illegal to smoke indoors.
There was no way of stopping him, as there is no way to stop me from writing this review.
Next time we come here, we'll have to make sure no owner is around. Make sure you do, too. The place is so gorgeous and worthy of a visit, its a shame this guy spoils it for everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with lake view. Floors are very creaky, maybe upstairs is best. Some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Maru K
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

It's a very nice boutique hotel. The staff is very helpful!!! It feels like you are in your own house, very comfortable! All the rooms have a lake view, fantastic view!!! The double bed bathroom is a bit small, the matrimonial bathroom is larger. The bathrooms are very clean with L'Occitane amenities. There is a cosy living room, with a fire place, and good music, my family and I spent many hours there talking, brunching... The breakfast was delicious!!!!! The restaurant is fabulous!!! Order trout carpaccio, one of the best I have ever eaten!!The endless hot water swimming pool is awsome!!! The gym is in the pool's room, with free water and fruits!!! The hotel location is good, you can go to Cerro Bayo by taxi, to practice ski, for U$13,00 or 90 Pesos. It takes 20 minutes. The hotel is 15 minutes away from the city center by taxi. Bring dollars as a payment method because you have 30% discount on almost everything, except on Cerro Bayo. The weather in Villa la Angostura is very rainny, so bring your rain coat!!

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Ticly
Reviewed 16 May 2013

The hotel Las Balsas is a luxury retreat facing the still mirror waters of the lake, far from the beaten tracks of turistic Patagonia (not easy to find). The views are incredible and changing all the time with the light. It is a pure beauty. The hotel itself is a boutique full of charm and atmosphere, with wood everywhere and a touch of english cottage. The chef is an artist, creating a refined mediteranean-international-argentinian cooking with an explosion of flavors. Be careful, the restaurant is rather expensive. You can pamper yourself in the spa and its large (very) heated pool, you can go with a remise to the pueblo and taste a good Patagonian piece of rabbit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And most of all, you can rent an old wodden boat for an unforgettable journey on the lake and meet very authentic places and people. It is one of the best hotels I went in Argentina.

Room Tip: We choose a double bedroom at the ground floor facing the lake. It was small but comfortable and cosy, we felt like on a boat on the lake.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Francoise L
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Just got back from Patagonia where I stayed at Las Balsas. Loved this hotel. My room upstairs and at the end of the house, was huge! I thought I had a suite...but they told me know. It was just the luck of the draw. One problem was that the keys would not work in the door. Every time I had to go down the stairs (no elevators here as it is an old house) and ask someone to help me open my room door. They told me that they were going to change the locks just as soon as the season was over so hope that happened.
Otherwise, this hotel was fabulous. Has a cute little bar, small quiet library main lounge (like a living room) overlooking the lake. Best of all it has a great wine cellar and a great chef to help pair the food with the fantastic food. Argentinean Malbecs are the best.
One other drawback was the spa. I went for a massage and the room itself was very lovely . However, it is right alongside the indoor pool and gym. All the time I was on the massage table, I could hear nothing but kids shouting in the pool and a group of adults laughing. Also a bother was that there were dirty towles on all the lounge chairs and no one seemed to be around to clean up or keep this area neat for other guests. When there is a towel on a chair, one doesn't know to sit there or if it is being used.
Aside from that...what a lovely room and hotel. Great stay, very quiet, great rooms, fabulous bathrooms. I would stay here again but no massages and hope they fix the key situation.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the corner rooms at the end of the building. There is one on the 1st floor and two on the second. Both are large and have great bathrooms and sitting areas with great views of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends