We booked here based on the reviews and were delighted by our experience at El Faro. As noted by others, the hotel is a 20-minute walk or short cab ride from downtown. Though that's sometimes a pain, the tradeoff is you get a fantastic view and serene setting.
We were upgraded to a suite and it was lovely -- huge sitting area, jacuzzi views over the lake, and a comfy bed. We ate dinner there one night and it was good, but not exceptional. Breakfast was decent but didn't have many options.
The spa was being redone while we visited, and the portions that were almost done looked very nice. Other areas like the sitting room, annex, and lookout tower were great.
Overall, this was one of the top hotels we stayed in during a 5 week trip. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- El Boutique Hotel & Spa by DON is a Luxury Boutique Hotel with 5 star services, located across from Lake Nahuel Huapi Lake in Villa La Angostura. It is characterized by a fabulous view of the lake and the Cordillera of the Andes from all points of the Hotel. All rooms are spacious, elegant and comfortable allowing guest to enjoy the view of the lake through its giant windows. The hotel has a gourmet restaurant with autograph cuisine and lake view; and a spa where guests can relax and watch the sunset time. The hotel has wifi in the rooms and common areas, and outdoor parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your El Faro Boutique Hotel & Spa by DON reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Faro Patagonia Hotel Villa La Angostura
- El Faro Boutique Hotel & Spa By DON Villa La Angostura, Argentina - Patagonia