“Nice hostel, great views”
Review of Hostel Pudu

and 1 more site!
Hostel Pudu
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed there in a double private room for a night. The room was very nice and clean with a great view of the lake. The breakfast is much better than the ones that other hostels in the area offer (if any). I would go back to the Pudu. The only inconvenience we had was that I called to book the double room for two nights and it was available only for the first night, so one of the guys told me that we could move to another shared room the second night. However, when we arrived we found out that there would be no second night there as they were all booked, so we had to find somewhere else to stay. The other guy (not the one who had offered me the two nights) offered to look for accommodation for us in the hostel that is on the other side of the street and we were lucky to find a room there. But all in all, very nice hostel and staff, I would go back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hostel Pudu

Reviewed 24 December 2012

The place would have been a good hostel if they would have changed the staff... The chicken is accessorized and theres a good wifi connection but it is a welcoming place at all!!! I would not recommend this hostel and for sure not come in there again...

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Thenewguy2
Reviewed 24 December 2012

This basic hostel has a nice atmospehere, created by the guys running it, Willie and his brother. They try to kep the noise down at night, but hey, it's a hostel!
Using the parilla is no problem, kitchen is well equipted and clean. Great fun with the other backpackers that strike down in this place, nice view over the lake.
It's not a high class hostel but basicly everything you need is here. I ended up staying longer then I originaly planned, cause of the nice staff and laid down atmosphere.
Clean bathrooms and toilets and there were enought of them. When the one in the room was occupied you just take the one on the hall. or one floor down. no need to wait.
Prices are as you might expect: basic so cheap...

Room Tip: don't take a room next to the terrace, guess why...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stumbled here after arriving in Bariloche late at night. We stayed in a 6-bed mixed dorm room in the main floor.

The place is run by one guy only who's always there (Thomas).

Pros:
Great view of the lake; close to the city center; spacious and equipped kitchen; not many beds so it's quiet in the morning.

Cons:
Thomas has a cat roaming freely in the place, including the kitchen; floorboards creek and can wake you when somebody else walks in the room; included breakfast is minimal; wi-fi isn't great; Thomas is unkind, rude and a liar (cheeky answers to guest's questions; brings over friends that drink and make noise; plays loud music in the dining room most of the day and doesn't permit turning the volume down; when we checked out he demanded that we pay a higher price than what he told us when we checked in, and when we refused and payed him the price he deserved he started to laugh at us and talk trash and opened the door to signal us bluntly to scram, even though we were on our way out).

Stay away from this place. A liar who tries to steal your money isn't worth your business!

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank AsafCh
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My friend and I were practically the only guests as we came in low season and the only other guy that was staying there was an Argentine who was staying a bit more long term for a job. Ok, so the dorm rooms were fairly standard I'd say and there was a private bath for the 6-person dorm room (not bad!). From what I can remember, I don't think we had an issue getting hot water for showers. The internet connection wasn't amazing, but they had a computer guests could use downstairs. The breakfast was just bread, jam and coffee so we usually bought some fruit to supplement it. Overall, the staff were pretty friendly and answered any questions we had. Tomas (I think he was the one with dreds who was the manager?) was only there during the day but was incredibly helpful with bus information to see some great views of the lake district. The hostel is pretty centrally located to the main street and easily walkable to restaurants, bars, supermarkets, etc.

The only weird thing (which we'd happened to find in several other hostels) was that we couldn't really figure out who was staying there or in charge at first. Maybe because it was low season and the hostel wasn't even close to full, but the first night we arrived we were let in and there was a huge group of guys sitting around watching a football match. At first we thought they were all staying (or perhaps all worked there?) but found out later that the guy in charge that night just had all his friends over to watch the match. It wasn't all that unusual as we saw it at another couple of "dead" places we stayed in Patagonia in the low season, but made us a little apprehensive about having to bother the guy in charge with questions about how to get places or wifi password, etc. since he seemed to be busy and entertaining his friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'm here right now, the place is a filthy dump with a tripadvisor sticker in the front window, the floorboards creek, the staff is antisocial. there is an odor in the hallway. The pictures online make the place look clean and classy, but this place is in need of a renovation. finally, I was quoted one price over the phone 100.00 / night, and after i arrived and moved in, they told me the price was more, 160.00 / night. I feal like they were trying to pull a fast one on me. I told them i will probably just stay one night then, but since my reservation was for two nights they said i'm obligated to stay 2 nights. I don't want to stay here another night, there are nice clean places all around with friendly staff with cheaper prices. I hope i can leave here in the morning without any problems, i'll pay the increased rate for one night, but i've stayed in really nice places for a lot less money, and i won't allow myself to be ripped off for a second night.

Room Tip: my room is the one with the ohm on the wall, its a matrimonial bed with a private bathroom. the bath...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Showers are cold, Internet is often down and information given by the rarely seen staff isn't very useful!

• Stayed: May 2012