My partner and I stayed at Charming for 3 nights based on the trip advisor reviews and found it a very good hotel. While the ash from the Chilean volcano did hamper the view, this is hardly something that can be counted against the hotel.
The standouts for us were:
Views across the lake (even given the ash)
Friendliness of the staff
On-site restaurant - great quality food and the best breakfasts we had in Argentina.
The bed was very comfortable and the shower/spa excellent.
We also had arguably the best massages we have ever had!!
The things to be conscious of are - we booked a standard room, which is pretty pricey (even for a 5 star hotel) if you don't book via an internet deal. This meant we got a room which was under the dining room (therefore noisy when people moved their chairs) and did not have an outdoor area to sit enjoy the view. It was also not at all private (unless you drew the curtains) as to access the room next door the guests had to walk past your window and could look straight in...
The hotel is 7.5 kms from the centre of town, so you either need to hire a car, catch a cab or catch a local bus if you want to get anywhere.
All in all a great hotel and I would recommend it to friends, however a 5 star rating is probably a bit generous!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa, built on the bluff of a cliff, delights with panoramic vistas of Lake Nahuel Huapi and the Andes mountains range. The lodge's wood and stone work is reminiscent of a small alpine village. The large balconies of each residence and suite are suspended over the bluff. Just below, the waves crash upon Playa Bonita and the sides of the cliff. The hotel's interior is just as unique. Total comfort is offered in the Private Spas that form part of each suite. One can choose between a dry sauna, a double jacuzzi with ozonetherapy and an LCD TV, a scottish shower, and a finnish shower with aromacolor therapy. Each of these options are integrated into each suite, allowing the guest total control over his or her relaxation. Charming is a place designed to astonish its guests with its beauty, luxury, tranquility, comfort, unforgettable views, and amiable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Prestigia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charming - Luxury Lodge And Spa
- Charming - Luxury Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche