The hotel has a nice perch on a bluff overlooking a long beach. There is a fairly easy access to the beach via a wide somewhat steep path that passes a smallish very warm pool and jacuzzi and sauna area. The dinning area and lobby have very lovely views of the lake and mountains. Our most positive experience was coffee and breakfast by a window overlooking the lake. Some of the room have great views, but some have partial or no view. Many rooms lack privacy. The bath shower in our room had a large window that faced a popular beach access road and path, so was not usable without closing some blinds. The service starting with the front desk was laughably (if you have a sense of humor) bad, from beginning to end. For example, there should have been a folder in our room with a guide for the hotels amenities and services. The desk told us it should be there, but they would send one right away. We had to ask two more times, before we gave up. There was a big puddle of wet mud we had to walk in at entrance to our room. We mentioned it to the front desk the first day. He said he'd take care of it, but no one looked at it.
The rooms are not well insulated for sound. We could hear the kids in the next room like they were inside our own room.
Breakfast was good, and better than most hotels we stayed at in Argentina. Not quite gourmet as the hotel suggests. lots of sweets, but also could order simple eggs and have an expresso made. Otherwise, there was some fruit, toast, yogurt, some good granola, fresh orange juice, coffee, tea.
Hotel website and brochure list kayaks available, but were only available from a vendor on the beach if they were there. We only saw them on the first day, Sunday. After that they were not there and the hotel desk could not reach them. My opinion is that that most ratings for this hotel are quite overly generous, and the quality of service is definitely not deserving a top hotel status.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa, built on the bluff of a cliff, delights with panoramic vistas of Lake Nahuel Huapi and the Andes mountains range. The lodge's wood and stone work is reminiscent of a small alpine village. The large balconies of each residence and suite are suspended over the bluff. Just below, the waves crash upon Playa Bonita and the sides of the cliff. The hotel's interior is just as unique. Total comfort is offered in the Private Spas that form part of each suite. One can choose between a dry sauna, a double jacuzzi with ozonetherapy and an LCD TV, a scottish shower, and a finnish shower with aromacolor therapy. Each of these options are integrated into each suite, allowing the guest total control over his or her relaxation. Charming is a place designed to astonish its guests with its beauty, luxury, tranquility, comfort, unforgettable views, and amiable service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Charming Luxury Lodge & Private Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charming - Luxury Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche
- Charming - Luxury Lodge And Spa