“FANTASTIC !”

Charming - Luxury Lodge & Private Spa
São Paulo, Brazil
“FANTASTIC !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I spent 6 days in CHARMING last week with my wife and enjoyed a lot ! I can strongly recomend it as the best option in Bariloche. Charming has a spectacular view, fantastic rooms and very kind and helpful personal.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Hebrew first
Whistler, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2010

Today is our last here at Charming Luxury Lodge & Spa and we are indeed very sad to leave! Having travelled all over the world, this is definitely a unique and wonderful experience. Alberto, his trusty dog Pocho and all the staff bend over backwards to ensure that guests are happy and comfortable. Though how could one not be comfortable in suites equipped with two different types of saunas (dry plus an aroma-therapy style steam), 2 person jacuzzi tub c/w flatscreen tv, wood-burning stove, floor heating, kitchen and killer views of Playa Bonita, Lago Nahuel Huapi and the surrounding mountains! The breakfast is excellent and is a very relaxed and enjoyable way to start the day. We also enjoyed two dinners prepared by their excellent chef. As an added bonus, the very best restaurant in all of Bariloche, "Butterfly" is located about 500 m away!
All in all we heartily recommend Charming as THE place to stay in Bariloche!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank helidog
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2010

I visited Charming in May and enjoyed the visit so much I returned in August to try out the local skiing. While the skiing wasn't so much a success, staying at Charming is a vacation unto itself. The views from all over the lodge and especially the rooms, suites and residences are amazing. The comforts provided - in-room sauna, scottish shower, aromacolor therapy, two-person jacuzzi - as well as the amenities, beds, linens, kitchen utensils and dishware are all of the highest quality. While maintaining one of the highest standards in the business the staff at Charming is very casual, even laid-back, and treat you like a valued friend. If there is even the slightest thing you need or would like to have to make your stay more comfortable they will make sure you get it. They are truly on top of things here and strive for perfection. Just talk to Alberto, the owner, for 5 minutes and you can feel his passion and dedication to the highest level of service and accommodation. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this lodge to all travelers. I travel with my 2 children who were also excited to return for a 2nd visit, play with Pocho, roam the grounds and even swim in the heated outdoor pool in wintertime (a nice surprise on the 2nd visit since it was out of service in May and I assumed it was used only in summer). Highly recommended. Thank you Leticia, Marisa, Tiziana and Alberto!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2010

The hotel was fabulous! The owner Alberto and his staff made our entire group feel like we were VIP customers. Although we were there for work, the Charming made us feel like we were on vacation. The service was above and beyond any expectations. The entire staff knew our names from day one and accomodated our very many needs. The rooms were spacious, clean, and cozy with amazing views. The menu at the restaurant was also amazing. We ate most of our meals at the hotel because of our work schedule and we were never disappointed. I highly recommend this wonderful place. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2010

We went to Bariloche for a 2 week Fashion Photo Shoot, we booked the entire hotel for our group of 22...I have produced shoots there before, but this Hotel turned out to be the most ideal place to stay, the location is stunning, just above the lake with the most spectacular views of the sunsets, the rooms are a dream - sauna, steam baths, heated floors throughout... Dining was a complete success - the food is extraordinary and the service as hospitable as it can get! The staff as well as the Proprietor, Alberto + Pocho (the live-in spectacular Dog) immediately became part of our family...I would go back in a heartbeat with or without a Production at hand. Simply CHARMING!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
San Carlos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

My husband was working in Buenos Aires for a few weeks and we went to Bariloche for a weekend getaway. I used TripAdvisor to find Charming and SO happy that we stayed at the resort. We stayed in the Charming suite which had an in room sauna, steam room, hot tub overlooking the gorgeous lake and mountains, and other great amenities. The service was incredible and personalized.

Additionally, our two favorite meals in Argentina were both at Charming. They have amazing chefs that make homemade pastas and can cook a mean lamb! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2010

We are Americans living in Buenos Aires for work. We wanted to get out of the city for a week to relax, so we chose Bariloche for its natural beauty. I used TripAdvisor and a couple of other sites to narrow down my choices for lodging. I called two places before calling Charming, both of which were full. Thank goodness they were full, and thank goodness Charming had one room left. In retrospect I can't believe Charming was the third place I called. That error will never happen again.

The place is spotlessly clean, is brand new inside and out, and has a rustic elegance that makes you both feel like you are at home in the woods, and feel like you are in a 5-star place. The staff are incredible. By the time we left after 6 days they felt like family. My daughter drew them a picture, and was sad when one particular girl was not there for a hug when we left.

The view out the window each morning was spectacular. We saw more rainbows in six days than I've seen in the previous six years, not to mention falcons flying around and the sound of waves washing up on the shore of the lake.

We got in-room massages, were able to book activities simply by asking the staff... "Hey, we were thinking of doing activity X." A short while later the phone rings... "here are a few options we think you might like... we get a good price, and we can talk about which is best based on what you want to do..." These guys are pros at first-rate, concierge-style service. I didn't have to do a single internet search while I was there. I would just say... "we want to go on a nice boat trip today and see the forest." And when we came up after breakfast.... options presented, arrangements made. Awesome.

Our last day we checked out and left, and then our flight was delayed 5 hours. We came back, and they treated us with the same warmth as though we had never left... food, drink, and they took care of calling in to the airline to keep up on the status of our delayed flight so we could relax with the kids.

We're definitely going back to Bariloche as soon as we can, both to see the natural beauty again, and to stay at Charming. I would have been more effusive in my praise in this review, but I don't want the place to be booked full the next time I decide to go! If you pick someplace else I think you're crazy, but I thank you in advance for leaving space for me at Charming!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family