“Great Italian Food”

Il Gabbiano
Price range: US$35 - US$60
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: It is an Italian restaurant with Mediterranean approach. Pasta, meat and fish. Classic Italian cuisine with innovations and products of the region. Elegant rustic atmosphere.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The place is cozy and very homey. Service was very good. The food very good. We split pasta and also a meat, ojo de bife that came very juicy and already cut into slices. Was excellent. Dessert was also excellent. Very far from our hotel but very good.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We went to this Italian restaurant on the suggestion of the front desk at our hotel. It is a quiet restaurant with several separate rooms. Very comfortable decor and seating.
Our waiter spoke english.
There is a chalk board menu of all of dishes for the night. We were told that the restaurant has been open for 29 years.
Very good wine list and the prices are very reasonable.
The two pasta dishes we ordered were excellent! The appetizers were also very good. All prepared fresh.
This was one of the best meals we have had in Argentina and I certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to enjoy a good italian meal in a warm and inviting atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent dinner and the US $ exchange rate made for a very reasonable cost. Atmosphere was soothing and wine great - but then hard to find bad wine in Argentina.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I arrived in Bariloche after an 18 hour bus ride from Mendoza. I was fortunate to be staying steps away at the immaculate Hosteria Katy. Dare I say I was hungry and thirsty and in need of a relaxing meal. What a great treat on all fronts! I enjoyed testing my new found knowledge of Mendoza wines on the very affordable wine list, I had the trout from the lake with delicious braised endive. The service was wonderful. I was able to connect with other travelers who helped my with my onward plans. The décor of the restaurant was warm and cozy. Let me end by saying I am a budget traveler and this meal was worth every peso! (ps though I paid with US dollars).

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Il Gabbiano was a delightful surprise starting with a warm welcome into the relatively small, eclectic and charming (but not kitsch) interior composed of several small, intimate rooms.. The menu is primarily Italian- influenced, including home made pastas, a proprietary and excellent (Argentinian) olive oil made expressly for the owners, and locally sourced herbs, lake trout, etc. We had simple starters of a caprese salad with excellent burratta and a tasty mixed green salad, followed by ravioli stuffed with spinach and cooked with an herb butter sauce and, last but not least, osso bucco with plenty of marrow. Limited but good wines by the glass + a longer bottle and reserve list. Service was first-rate: friendly, knowledgeable and professional. This is a "cash only" restaurant, but very reasonable given the excellent quality. Great " value for money".