“Close by, so we gave it a try”
Review of Don Molina

Don Molina
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We went here for a late lunch after arriving. They have a pre fixe menu special for lunch.
A small steak and fries or a substitute with salad, vegetable and dessert. The steaks were cooked on the well side, but I did mot specify. As you can see from the picture, it was a little on the dry side. One in the group sent hers back. What she got back was much better looking when cut than my steak. But, my steak was reasonably good, but too well done. Had the bread pudding. Should have taken a picture. It was not what I was expecting. It was flat 2.5 inches by 6 inches and a very uniform 3/4 inch thick. Almost looked like an opaque, very firm flan. Very nice creamy texture and flavor with, what I thought was a hint of coconut? Excellent! I am recommending this bread pudding without any reservation.
Make sure you order the steak to your liking. I did not, so ... my fault.
Waitress was warmly and genial. Funny too when I was not sure, what I wanted, she suggested that should she just surprise me when I could not decide if I should chance the bread pudding.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us but with the caveat that it "used to be" great. The meal was unremarkable and we found far better restaurants throughout our travels. The ambiance left something to be desired -- it's a huge space without much charm and with few people there while we dined, it was a bit cavernous. I'd look elsewhere for a more authentic experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We were traveling through Argentina with a tour group and were lucky enough to cross paths with two friends (including a native of Buenos Aires) who happened to be in the area at the same time. We wanted a special place to meet and celebrate ... were glad that we chose Don Molina! The food was delicious (we had quite a cross-section from the menu including steak, trout and salads) and the Argentine wine fantastic (we appreciated our waiter's recommendations). After dinner, we got a private tour of the extensive wine cellar. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Our hotel recommended and without success tried to book 3 different restos in Bariloche.One required booking the day before!, one was not open on Sundays, and one offered only 7 courses!!!! So we went into town and after a walk about, decided on Don Molina. We were not disappointed - it was quite expensive, but great food, good service and lovely surroundings.
My husband had pork loin with tomatoes as a main - very innovative and tasty, and I had a chicken brochette - nicely cooked and again very tasty. Our pudding was a triloyia - chocolate, nuts and berries - delicious. Would recommend this resto for the whole experience. The only embarrassment were some very loud, possibly drunk middle-aged English people................

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Spent an excellent evening here after reading reviews of others. My partner decided on the bife de ojo, which he said was outstanding & I chose the chivoto (goat) which was also very good, accompanied by a very nice salad! They have an extensive wine list varying in prices but there is something to suit every pocket. Service friendly & good. Would definitely go back!!!