“Very bad choice”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
“Very bad choice”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

With so many good restaurants in Bariloche, I don't recommend La Alpina.
It looks like a fine restaurant from the outside, but the food is mediocre. We ordered the chicken milanesa napolitana, and it awful. Instead of using chicken breast it was made of something full of bones and fat. The worst milanesa ever. The pasta dish was average. Tasted like supermarket frozen ravioli and very little sauce. Packaged grated cheese is not what the client deserves after paying almost 100 pesos for those ravioli.
I have to mention that our waiter was very nice and made us have a nice time in spite of our disappointment.

• Visited November 2013

Cordoba, Argentina
“Good Fondue”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

4 in the afternoon, asked if we could have lunch despite the hour. Lady said "anytime". Had Classic fondue, soup and trout. The fondue was good, quite hearty, bread, sausages and a lot of melted cheese. The trout was really good. fresh grilled. We paid less than 100 pesos per person, (compared to Buenos Aires´s prices, it´s OK, twice the price of a McDonalds Combo). Given the time and the location, would go again...

• Visited April 2013
Rimrock, Arizona
“Poor value”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Tolerable but tasteless food, packaged grated cheese, high prices with hidden add-ons, apathetic service...what more (or less) can I say?

• Visited May 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“No passion=bad results”
Reviewed 13 February 2013 via mobile

It can be a nice place with an excellent location, but the attention is so bad and the food so... Cannot find a word, it's like a penitentiary dinning room! that's the best definition! Food without any interest in tasting good, service really slow and raw. I went there because it was opened after 3PM (most of the restaurants around that area close @3 PM) and next time, if I'm on the same situation I prefer to be hungry until 8PM when other restaurants open.

New York
“Food Poisoning”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Two of us ate an early supper at La Alpina in late January, 2013. Together we ordered two soups, one salad and a trout dish. I did not eat the trout, I was the only one who ate the salad and we shared the soups. The food tasted very bland, nothing to be excited about at all. The first soup was labeled as asparagus but offered no visible or taste signs of actually being from asparagus. The second soup was vegetable and was consistent with other vegetable soups I had ordered in Argentina. The salad was rather large with shredded lettuce, beets, carrots and an egg.

Most importantly: I spent from 3am until 8am throwing up the entire meal and the next day laying horizontal trying to recover some strength and force down some new calories. My travel partner who did not have a single bite of the salad did not fall ill. Prior to dinner at La Alpina my travel partner and I shared the same meals; it is safe to say that the salad at La Alpina was tainted.

Not that service matters when you receive a dose of food poisoning but even before I fell ill we already hated La Alpina. Our waitress could not care less to serve us at any point during the meal. Numerous times we actually got out of our seats to find assistance for additional water and eventually to ask for our check. Even without food poisoning we would not go back to La Alpina.

Do not eat here.