“excellent choice”

Price range: US$35 - US$60
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We went there for Christmas Eve, for which they provided a tasting menue and a Tangoshow. Both things are highly recomandable. The interior is cozy with a view at alittle cute garden.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The ambiance is cute and cozy, the service is great, and the quality of the food is incredible.This place is about a ten minute walk from the downtown strip, but well worth it. I don't think you can go wrong when ordering, we had the veal and the trout, and they were delicious. If I am back in Bariloche, I will definitely be re-visiting Kandahar.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

With an understated exterior, located on a quiet rather removed spot from Mitre (the main avenue), Kandahar surprised me with excellent food, capable service and a special ambiance which made me want to stay much longer than I should. 2 hours was sufficient. To begin, the restaurant design is very personal, almost as if someone invited you to their home for a Patagonian dinner amidst chandeliers, painted ceilings and global chill music. Mill Valley came to mind, as did my hometown of Boulder, or any other artistic, aesthetically-minded community. Stockholm too.

Fresh vegetable ravioli with morel mushrooms (evidently picked within the week) was followed by an ample trout portion atop spinach infused with local herbs. Sweet potato mash was the compliment, tasty without too much butter.

The Del Fin Del Mundo Rioja was reasonably priced; 1/2 of the bottle went back to my hotel room.

In addition to skiing at Cerro Bayo and several powder runs on the Nube lift at Catedral, this experience will define my mental archives of Bariloche August 2013.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

Although we had to walk uphill from our hotel it was well worth the walk - as it opened at 8 pm and we were there half an hour before, we went for a stroll and came back when it was close to 8 pm. We sat outside waiting for the door to open but the waitress let us in early, The waitress was very friendly and attentive. We ordered mushroom tart for an entree and it was delicious. Then we had the stewed venison for main, which was very well prepared. For dessert,we had fruit salad, which was basic but it was good. As the portions are quite big in Argentina, we shared all the dishes and it was just right for us. As we told them, we will be sharing, they halved all the dishes into two plates which was really good service in my view.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

An intimate, exotic and attractive interior welcomes the dinner guest to this small restaurant which is a short walk from downtown Bariloche. Having read multiple good reviews, our expectations were exceeded. We ordered two different versions of the tenderloin, both of which were superb. We found this to be the tastiest beef we have had during our time in Argentina. The service was excellent.