“Good option, you won´t regret it”
Review of La Masia

La Masia
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: La Masia es un pequeño sitio de estilo mediterráneo ubicado en el km 23425 de la Av. Bustillo. Alberga solo a 20 comensales, quienes pueden disfrutar de una cocina exquisita, simple y de pocos ingredientes. El paisaje que acompaña es también inolvidable: las costas de la isla Victoria y el contorno del cerro Millaqueo forman parte de la propuesta.Atendido por sus dueños: Facundo Zubiria esta a cargo de la cocina y Marcia Ciben se encarga del salón. Horario: Cena de 19:30 a 22:30. Domingos y lunes cerrado.
Bariloche, Argentina
“Good option, you won´t regret it”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

It´s been open for almost 2 years now. How do I know? I live very close by. But, untill now we were never able to have dinner here. Or it was closed, or it was full and we didn´t have a reservation (we just walked there). But tonight, finally we made it! We had something to celebrate and since Cassis wasn´t open, we called them and were able to make a reservation.

The place looks nice, unfortunately it was allready dark when we arrived. For many years we are living in this area and I always said: this point has the best view of Bariloche! So if you go here, go when it´s still light! Inside it´s nice, good atmosphere and nice decoration. In my opinion, the menu had too many pasta dishes as a main course, but luckily the "catch of the day" was bife de lomo. I had the bife, my wife the trout. The beef was probably the most tender beef I´ve ever had, but... it did lack the great "parilla" taste you´ll find everywhere in Argentina. It came with a sauce from Malbec and some rosemary which I love, but still the taste was a bit "flat" in my opinion. I ordered it with some tomatos "asados", which made a very good combination and helped the flavour of the beef. The trout my wife had was very good, as was the roasted pumpkin that came with it.

For desert, my wife had the goatcheese with sweet potatoe (instead of the figs), which was nice, but not spectacular. I had the mouse de capuccino, which was fantastic!

From the wine menu, I didn´t recognize not even 1 bodega, which I didn´t mind, I like to try new wines. But since my wife had trout, she prefered a white wine, I wanted a red, so in the end we asked for seperate glases. Can´t remember the bodega anynmore, but the malbec was very tasty and the Chardonnay was also good.

In the end we paid around 500 peso, tip included. If it was a hundred pesos less, I´d be very happy with it. Now I think it was just a bit too high.

• Visited October 2013

Grand Lake
“El mejor cocina en Bariloche!”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We just happened to walk by this restaurant and made a reservation. What a discovery! Wonderfully prepared meals and to-die-for deserts. A bonus is a well thought out wine list and excellent prices. We ate many places in Argentina, and this was our favorite, we ate here many times, and plan on revisiting again this year.

• Visited February 2013
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We loved the food! I had a fantastic salmon which was very juicy, with rustic potatos (incredible)! Very nice experience. Besides, we were at Llao Llao and the restaurant's driver picked up us there.

Visited August 2013
Buenos Aires
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great”
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Great food, super nice service, incredible location, good prices, not pretencious. Simply perfect. If you go to Bariloche is a must.

• Visited July 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Great location, simple food but well prepared”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The cook is the former cook of Il Gabbiano, one of the best restaurants in Bariloche. The food is good, short wine list (should improve) and nice setting. The owners run this small, romantic place. It is worth a visit.

Visited May 2013