“Amazing”

La Masia
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: La Masia es un pequeño sitio de estilo mediterráneo ubicado en el km 23425 de la Av. Bustillo. Alberga solo a 20 comensales, quienes pueden disfrutar de una cocina exquisita, simple y de pocos ingredientes. El paisaje que acompaña es también inolvidable: las costas de la isla Victoria y el contorno del cerro Millaqueo forman parte de la propuesta.Atendido por sus dueños: Facundo Zubiria esta a cargo de la cocina y Marcia Ciben se encarga del salón. Horario: Cena de 19:30 a 22:30. Domingos y lunes cerrado.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

One of the best restaurants I've ever been to. The food was great, but the atmosphere makes it special. Only 5 tables and 1 waitress. It's a very unique experience and I would recommend it to anyone who's visiting Bariloche.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I read many of the reviews which said that the food was simple but delicious, but it is difficult to picture that until you try it for yourself. My husband had the trout ravioli and I had the spicy tomato sauce pasta and it was incredible. The past was spicy yet sweet and so flavorful. It came with eggplant (which I normally hate) that was to die for, and a bunch of other things mixed in. You can really tell that the food is made with love. For an app we had the asparagus and egg dish, it was also delicious (though I would have preferred that they grilled or sauteed the asparagus rather than boiling it). It is a little pricey by Bariloche prices (not, for example, by Buenos Aires prices), but WELL WORTH IT! Also, if you pay in US dollars you get a great rate.
Other reviewers were correct that the menu is rather small, about 5 appetizers and 6 main dishes, but I found this to be the case at many restaurants in Argentina, so I was not terribly disturbed by it. I am a very picky eater and I still found a great dish to eat.
As people mentioned, the waitress is the wife (who speaks perfect english- a big plus) and the chef is her husband, they are super adorable and sweet. The restaurant, though in their home, was the nicest we went to. Beautifully decorated and it has a lovely view. Strongly recommend!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We gathered that this is the private home of a young couple - he is the chef and she is the waitress. They have converted their first floor into a restaurant with six tables and they live upstairs. The home/restaurant is new and immaculate with jaw-dropping views. The service is charming and the food was sensational. We ordered the green salad (greens freshly picked from the property), pasta dish, and rib eye steak. Everything was delicious! The bill was 400 pesos including 2 glasses of wine. We highly recommend La Maisa!!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This charming little restaurant is actually in the owners house, with just 5 tables. The food is excellent with delightful service, and lovely views. Comparing it with Il Gabbiano, which is close by and connected in some way we understand, we would say that the food presentation at La Masia is slightly finer, whilst Il Gabbiano has more atmosphere. Whilst similar fare, both are well worth a visit!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

It´s been open for almost 2 years now. How do I know? I live very close by. But, untill now we were never able to have dinner here. Or it was closed, or it was full and we didn´t have a reservation (we just walked there). But tonight, finally we made it! We had something to celebrate and since Cassis wasn´t open, we called them and were able to make a reservation.

The place looks nice, unfortunately it was allready dark when we arrived. For many years we are living in this area and I always said: this point has the best view of Bariloche! So if you go here, go when it´s still light! Inside it´s nice, good atmosphere and nice decoration. In my opinion, the menu had too many pasta dishes as a main course, but luckily the "catch of the day" was bife de lomo. I had the bife, my wife the trout. The beef was probably the most tender beef I´ve ever had, but... it did lack the great "parilla" taste you´ll find everywhere in Argentina. It came with a sauce from Malbec and some rosemary which I love, but still the taste was a bit "flat" in my opinion. I ordered it with some tomatos "asados", which made a very good combination and helped the flavour of the beef. The trout my wife had was very good, as was the roasted pumpkin that came with it.

For desert, my wife had the goatcheese with sweet potatoe (instead of the figs), which was nice, but not spectacular. I had the mouse de capuccino, which was fantastic!

From the wine menu, I didn´t recognize not even 1 bodega, which I didn´t mind, I like to try new wines. But since my wife had trout, she prefered a white wine, I wanted a red, so in the end we asked for seperate glases. Can´t remember the bodega anynmore, but the malbec was very tasty and the Chardonnay was also good.

In the end we paid around 500 peso, tip included. If it was a hundred pesos less, I´d be very happy with it. Now I think it was just a bit too high.