Panamericano Bariloche
La Surena Hosteria(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$135
US$56
Hotel Cristal(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$224
US$123
Hotels.com
Alma del Lago Suites & Spa(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$189
US$156
Hotels.com
Hotel Villa Huinid Bustillo(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$144
Aldea Andina Resort & Spa(San Carlos de Bariloche)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$79
Hotel Tres Reyes(San Carlos de Bariloche)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$72
Pailahue Lodge & Cabanas(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$145
US$120
Hotel King's Bariloche(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$397
US$35
bedfinder
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
NH Bariloche Edelweiss(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$158
US$121
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Llao Llao Hotel and Resort Golf Spa(San Carlos de Bariloche)
US$314
Cancelon
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I only stayed at this big hotel because I got a great internet rate at a different web site and I’m very glad I stayed here. I’ve read the other reviews and it seems like a different hotel. The front desk staff gals were terrific and extremely helpful. The bellman were friendly and attentive. The “free” breakfast was the best I enjoyed in my 5 weeks in Argentina. I had lake views both times I stayed at the Panamericano. Yes, the rooms are small and the bathrooms are even smaller, but they are clean. The young bartender in the lobby bar Louis was warm and spoke good English. The best thing about the hotel location is the restaurant 4-5 doors to the left when exiting the hotel called Restaurant Parrilla El Refugio de Montanes de Julian. Don’t miss it and ask for Nino. Great food and great service. The hotel’s location is a bit of a walk to the central area but if you don’t want to walk taxis are not expensive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high with a lake view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The Panamericano was the largest of the hotels I stayed in during my travels around Argentina. From the website and the fact it was 5* I was very much looking forward to my stay, however I was very disappointed.

Yes, you walk in to a grand lobby, immediately giving the that 5* feel, but for me, that's where it ended. The staff barely broke a smile and didn't really seem to care. I wanted some help with excursions, but was given nothing because "it's raining tomorrow" as though that meant it wasn't worth doing anything. I arrived at 3:30pm and my room still wasn't available.

The cost of wifi is outrageous - I cannot for the life of me understand how they can justify it, and you still need to pay to use the PC's in the lobby.

The room was spacious, the bed (Two singles pushed together) was comfy, the bathroom was tiny. On my last morning I woke and caught a flea jumping around the bed though...

During my stay, the weather wasn't great so the room was warm enough, but there was no AC so any warmer outside and it might have been too much, even though the window opened - saying that it was incredibly noisey outside to sleep with the window open.

In the lifts, there was a bar advertised on the 1st floor, open from 6pm - I went and it was closed and didn't seem to show any signs of life during my stay at all.

The breakfast was ok, nothing special.

The best thing about this hotel was the spa, the pool was great and the staff at the spa really friendly and helpful.

I pre-booked a cab to take me to the airport on the last day - It never turned up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high as possible. Alternatively check out smaller boutique hotels that I suspect may have better service.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2012

First night, room noisy and bit cramped. Next night much better - larger room with sitting area and modern bathroom overlooking lake. We had a good discount which made it better value for money. Breakfast excellent - plenty of variety including fresh fruit and yoghurt. First time in 2 months of travelling we had to pay for wifi - US$3/hour but the clock kept ticking inspite of very poor connections!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed there after travelling throughout the Lake District. Everywhere else offers free wifi including restaurants and down to the smallest Hosteria. I was astonished that they charge US$2 per half hour, paid in advance.

The room was fine, apart from lack of wifi and the hotel facilities were fine too. We didn't find out about the restaurants as we went out to eat so we could download our emails and plan the next part of our journey on complementary wifi.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Quite possibly the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Rude phone/ front desk receptionist. Bariloche is beautiful, as is Argentina....but I'll pass on the smelly, uncomfortable rooms at the Panamericano.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family