Very disappointed with the hotel overall. Starting with our room: we made the mistake of not booking a room with a lake view, which made the incredibly small room, with incredibly short ceilings, seem even smaller. The mattress was thin and old and therefore uncomfortable. There was only 1 thin pillow, so we had to ask for another. The decor was the kind that never should have existed in the first place-bad, cheap-furniture showroom-style from the 90's. To say that it was outdated is to say the least. The bathroom fixtures were crappy and old, and the bathroom tiles had grime between them. There were no amenities in the room when we first checked in, so we had to ask for them, and once they were brought, we might as well have gone to the drugstore and bought decent shampoo and soap, because these were also poor quality. The bedspread, comforter cover and blanket did not appear to have been laundered in a long time. Even though the heater was off, the room was really hot, and there was nothing that we could do about it because there was no thermostat for us to put on the fan or the air conditioner, and only one tiny window that did not open all the way. The pool seemed dirty, and the sunbathing area by the pool also did not look clean, and had only a couple of chairs on fake grass. The workout room was dismal, with only two very old treadmills on the verge of breaking down, and one stairmaster that must have come from the last century, and which obviously didn't work. The floor was very dirty, and there weren't too many other machines/weights to use. I was afraid to run on the treadmill because I thought that my head would likely hit the ceiling, as, again, it was way too short. Breakfast was atrocious-the coffee was undrinkable, the pastries were not fresh and seemed microwaved and factory-made, and they offered a very poor selection of meats/cheeses and cereals. After seeing the buffet the first morning, we ended up skipping it for the rest of our stay and going to Mamuschka for lovely pastries and delicious coffee. The staff wasn't very friendly, and minimally helpful. Stay somewhere else for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located next to the Centro Civico and a few steps away from the main shops, from its windows you can contemplate the majestic Nahuel Huapi lake, the mountain slope and Victoria island. A stream runs through the hotel, which guests can see in the lobby stonewall. Wonder at how pure and crystal clear the water springs are that spring from the heart of the mountain. 161 comfortable rooms offer a spectacular view of the surroundings, plus one restaurant, lobby bar, health club with heated swimming pool, solarium, sauna and gym. next to the Tressor Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Panamericano Bariloche reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Panamericano Bariloche Hotel San Carlos De Bariloche
- Panamericano Bariloche San Carlos De