“Please Be Warned”
Review of Montezuma Lodge

Montezuma Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mormon Lake
Montezuma Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mormon Lake
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Please listen to my review. Do not think I am overexaggerating.
We stayed at the Montezuma Lodge for 3 days. Our cabin was just plain terrible. It was by far the worst place I have ever stayed. They do not take care of the cabins in any way. They are like shacks that really need to be torn down. There are holes in the walls, stains on the curtains, stains on the bed sheets, the kitchen table was filthy upon arrival, the kitchen floor had a huge hump in it, and the cabin was infested with very large spiders.
There is no relaxation in these cabins, in fact when you walk in your cabin there is no sofa or anything in the living room but beds. Our living room had 2 beds, then a bedroom, then another room with a bed, it was just strange. You could not enjoy the porch on your cabin, it was dirty and looked like it would fall apart. We had the chance to view several other cabins and they were all the same. One gentleman that came with us and stayed at a different cabin called them Chicken Coop's. Do not go here for any reason. Do not believe that these are nice cabins in the woods. You will be unhappy for the amount of money they charge. Also, do not believe there is a lake either, it is a dried up lake. For a more rustic feel that is nice and clean and not falling apart, I would recommend Arizona Mountain Inn. We stayed there in March and wished we would have stayed there again.

Stayed: October 2008
2  Thank thrashramy

Reviewed 23 September 2007

The cabin we stayed in was VERY rustic, but clean enough. The metal shower was rusty and some of the furniture was badly stained. The appliances were very old, but worked fine. We looked through several of the other cabins and they were all about the same. Some of the cabins have two bedrooms which would be good for families. The cabins are nicely shattered in the pines with plenty of room between each one. We probably won't go back because my husband says the cabins are too "shabby" for him.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2007

My husband and I stayed there for the first time last 4th July weekend.
Wood cabins are western picturesque with a delightful 50’s authentic features.
Room service was correct, costumer service attentive. Linda, the associate who took our reservation was outstanding. There is a volunteer, Chuck, that runs the maintenance during weekends and he was always available to all guests, friendly and efficient.
Wood cabins well into a forest covered with Ponderosa Pines and Junipers, the lodge could perhaps use some fixings but this detail somewhat adds an additional appeal to the place.
We will certainly comeback to the lodge. KK

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KKinney
Reviewed 4 June 2007

This is the most excellent getaway place. Linda was extremely helpful with helping me set up the perfect romantic weekend. She gave me details and activitiy ideas,placed us in a secluded cabin that met my needs and even helped me to surprise my guest. I will make this a yearly getaway spot!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurleysue
Reviewed 6 September 2006

The cabin we were in was a bit to dirty for me, and spiders everywhere! The kicker was when it started raining in the middle of the night and we had at least 6 leaks in the cabin. One being over someone's pillow. So in the middle of the night we were moving beds around trying to dodge the drips. We used all our towels to sop up the rain water and we asked 2 times to get more the next day... we never got them.
It's not worth the price they charge!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank Eliz67
A TripAdvisor Member
Phoenix
Reviewed 13 July 2006

Stayed there with my family for 3 days, found no rodent problems or dirt problems of any kind, the cabins were VERY rustic, I'd dare say old, some nails sticking up on the deck, but were repaired immediatly after bringing to the attention of the office. Loved the views of the Lake, the full kitchens (even though they were old - gave them style), very wooded and dirt roads. They did have a bonfire each night and we enjoyed that.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
phoenix
Reviewed 8 May 2006

I personaly loved this place. I am a travel agent who goes from camping in Asia to 5 Star resorts on the French Riviera, I can say I have seen it all. The feeling you get at Montezuma Lodge is that you are back in the fifties, their stoves and fridges are antiques, the rocking chairs and couches have orange flowers and the red and white country curtains are to die for. I find the cabins on the rim so cute and romantic, of course only those cabins are charming, the ones in the forrest are groce with no real interest. I just loved traveling in time and with a little cleaning up and a bit advertisement, these folks could make a fortune because the retro ambiance is priceless these days. Hiking with wildlife guaranteed in surroundings. I recommend it just for the "vibe" and the winters by their fireplaces.

• Stayed: April 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Montezuma Lodge? Share your experiences!