“Great BBQ meat!”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

La Tablita is a nice restaurant that´s famous for it´s bbq patagonian lamb. Don´t go too early though, they only open at 7pm for dinner.

I had the mixed grill which includes tenderloin steak, patagonian lamb, and rumpsteak. All the meat was delicious. It doesn´t come with sides so you might want to get something.

They have a pretty good selection of liquors and wine too to go with your meal.

It is not the cheapest place to go, but the food was definitely great.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,077)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Obviously a popular place for a reason. Upscale atmosphere, nice wait staff, and delicious food. We sampled both the lamb and beef. Not the absolute best meat I had among the local restaurants in town, so maybe a little overhyped - but doesn't take away from an overall great dining experience for the evening!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

By recommendation of our tour guide, we dined at La Tablita on our first night.

It is a classy place, and that usually goes in hand with "expensive" but it was far less costly than what we anticipated.

Our waiter was a bald man, probably in his 50's. he was amazing! He recommended us the traditional Cordero dish and was very happy to answer all the questions we had.

For dessert we ordered a crepe with dulce de leche and a scoop of "Crema Americana" ice cream if possible. The ice cream was not included in the menu but he made it possible. He even brought it to us already separated in two plates.

He seemed like he enjoyed his job and that just added to our delicious experience at La Tablita. Its a must if you visit El Calafate.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I went there on my first night in El Calafate to taste the famous Cordero Patagonico (lamb) but got disappointed. First I had to wait for 20 minutes to get a table (I had not booked it is true) mainly because waiters were lazy and discussing between themselves or with usual customers. Some tables were empty but not cleaned. Then it took long to get a waiter to come to take the order. But I must admit the lamb dish came very quickly but the meat was dry and not very tasty but that might be the way it gets because of the slow cooking on a fire. Purees were blend. I would definitely not go anymore, especially after having discovered a gem like Mi Rancho.

1  Thank Patricia_et_Olivier
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The food and atmosphere are the highlights. It was my favorite restaurant throughout the trip. I had the lamb and it was delicious.