My partner and I stayed here towards the end of a fantastic trip around Argentina, including staying in some of the nicest hotels. Los Ponchos is up there in our list of favourites, coming second only to Cavas Wine Lodge, where we got engaged. Having heard El Calafate was generally expensive and having spent much of our trip eating out, we decided to stay in self-catering accommodation so we would feel like we had our own space for a change. Los Ponchos offered us this, with a coach to kick back on, and a kitchen but with the added benefit of breakfast being brought to your door at a time of your request, even if up very early to go on an excursion. It offered us the option of staying in and cooking but with the comfort of being in a hotel and the cleaning service, which included doing our dishes! The absolute highlight of the hotel however is the view from the upstairs room. We spent a couple evenings quite happily sat by the window watching the sky over the lake. The staff were very helpful in helping us book onto excursions and made good recommendations, particularly when high winds meant our excursion to Estancia Christina was cancelled. The walk into town is an easy one and we took bikes on one occasion. Check the bike tyres for air before you take them out however! I'd recommend considering renting a car in El Calafate and driving yourself to some of the top sites, it will be much faster than sitting on a bus that picks up other tourists from 10+ hotels at 6.30am AND surprisingly cheaper. Driving is stress free in El Calafate (unlike the rest of argentina) as there are very few cars on the road. Driving to El Chalten, we passed only a handful of cars and it was a beautiful drive. Wish we had spent more time in the area with a car, particularly a few more days in El Chalten. Very comfortable bed but one night we had a very noisy family next to us with children running up the corridors - only downside is that the rooms are not very soundproof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOS PONCHOS APART BOUTIQUE, is located at 2 km from the downtown of El Calafate, between steppe and glaciers. You can live a unique experience in our cozy rooms, decorated with Hispano-American art pieces that connect the guests to our cultural identity. From the ten wide and comfortable rooms you can enjoy the impressive view of the lake Lago Argentino and admire the beauty of the Patagonic skies. In Los Ponchos we work to make our guests feel at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Los Ponchos Apart Boutique reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique Hotel El Calafate
- Los Ponchos Apart Boutique El Calafate, Argentina - Patagonia