All reviews the main street nice lobby first floor stayed here for two nights would stay here again modern hotel walking distance bread centre of el calafate quiet location free internet two blocks mac and cheese the bus disco patagonia town
Reviewed 24 April 2018

We actually stayed here twice. We were here for two nights when visiting El Calafate and then one other night when we were in transit to Torres del Paine.
The property is huge! There is a lovely bar, breakfast room, banquet room, and spacious balconies overlooking the lobby that are well appointed and decorated. This is where we would eat our meals and reflect on our days' activities. It was also very quiet. There are also some outdoor spaces that are beautifully landscaped and several indoor seating areas.
Other reviewers have written that one should request a room in the main building. I could not agree more! As we were there pretty much at the end of high-season, this part of the property wasn't being used. I happened to walk around it and it was no where as nice as the main building.
The first room we had was very small. We called it a doll house! There was nothing wrong with it at all. But, when you are on a two-week trip of Patagonia, one has plenty of luggage.
The second room was on the first floor and it was much bigger. I do not know if this is true of all the first floor rooms as opposed to those on the second floor..
Breakfast was good and plentiful There was fresh fruit, juices, eggs, meats, cheese, cereals, pastries, breads, and other sweet treats. Yes, there is a sign that reads that one will be charged if taking food out of the room. What ever.
Understand that the town of El Calafate is bustling. I really think it is too touristy. By the way, the only place to change money is a Western Union with limited hours. They may tell you at the desk that one of the local stores will change it, but it does not.
There is a very good reasonably priced (although busy) grocery store less than a ten minute walk away. I purchased wine, snacks and beverages there and it was much better priced than other places. To get there, make a right out of the hotel, a right at the corner, then a left onto the main street. It is on a corner a few blocks down.
Also, this was not the original property we had booked for us through Say Hueque. There was a flood in the town when Perito Moreno glacier calved and our hotel was flooded.
I enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend the property. Thank you to the staff

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank Jeanne-Chiarmonte
Reviewed 24 March 2018

Good breakfast - continental with fruit, and some hot items. Nice sitting area. Good size rooms, which is unusual elsewhere. Easy to dry your clothes after being at the glacier. 5 minute walking distance to everywhere. Nice staff.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

The Quijote is a well equipped fairly modern hotel in central Calafate one block from the main street. The rooms are spacious but far too hot despite closing radiator and opening the window.
Breakfast buffet adequate . We found the hotel itself reasonably priced but bar expensive . No restaurant as such.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I selected this hotel from reviews so wanted to share some further details for those who follow behind me.

Let me begin with the pros:
1. Great location - centrally located. Two blocks off of the main road
2. Very sweet and accomodating staff
3. Reasonably priced but BEWARE which site you book from as my friend and I paid different rates for the same exact room/same exact dates!

That’s pretty much it!

Cons:
1. Walls between rooms are literally paper thin. You can hear EVERYTHING from the room next door and that means - they can hear you too! Felt like all the walls did was prevent adjacent guests from viewing me but nothing more. My friend complained of the same from his room and he suggested closing the bathroom door to at least block out some of the noises...
2. Hotel, while quaint, is very outdated. Old carpet throughout with piped in ‘oldies’ music in the lobby and bar area that was reminiscent of my mom’s retirement home. Perhaps that’s the crowd they want to target but this hotel lacked life! Was a place to sleep nothing more. Disappointing as was cold outside and would have been nice to enjoy a night cap in the hotel.
3. Breakfast was basic at best. Lots of filler carbs, pre prepared scrambled eggs, one cheese, pre-sliced ham and yogurt and a fruit salad... served its purpose but nothing to write home about.
4. Two twin beds in the room that were super narrow and covered with old style blankets so I question how often they are washed between guests. Didn’t feel very hygienic. My friend complained of the same in his room.
5. Everything on the bathroom leaked from the toilet to the sink so always had tiny little puddles of water on the floor behind the toilet and around the sink faucets. My friend complained of the same.

If I were ever to return, I’d likely choose a different hotel if for nothing more than the paper thin walls. It means you are up as soon as your adjacent neighbors decide that they are up!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 February 2018

I can tell people have some negative experience with this hotel and when you stay in the old building ( i stayed in both) you will have small room with some smell and also bad wifi connection - but in my second stay i was placed in the main building where everything was very different.
The location is awesome, breakfast is basic but staff is amazing and very helpful .
I will stay here again also keep in mind Puerto Natal is the town in almost nowhere :-)

Room tip: Ask for room in a main building
Date of stay: February 2018