“Awesome Hotel”

Calafate Parque Hotel
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in El Calafate
Reviewed 18 January 2008

This hotel was great. The staff was attentive and knowledgeable. The bathrooms were really nice, clean and the water pressure was great! The hotel is a block away from the main street, which is really nice, but it is still quiet around the hotel...at least for now. They have bikes to rent for super cheap. The only thing that was kind of a drag, was that they closed up breakfast a half an hour early. Not so great if you like to sleep in.
I would definately go back to this place.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 January 2008

We visited El Calafate for 4 days and 3 nights. We selected this hotel based on recommendations on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. The hotel had very confortable rooms, with good size bathrooms. The water pressure on the shower was incredible - just what you need after a long day in the outdoors. The staff was terrific all around, and made us feel welcome right away. The location is excellent - the hotel is one block away from the main street of the town. Many shops and restaurants are within walking distance. I would stay here again in a second.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2007

I've travelled a lot in my life but this is truly one of the worst hotels I've stayed in.

The good
1. The location is decent but not much to write home about. There are plenty of other hotels very close to the main street. So, no advantage there to justify the price.

2. The building itself is ugly but the rooms are actually decent. The rooms are cleaned twice daily. My only complaint here regarding my room is that the bed is not very comfortable but that could be just me.

The bad.
1. For a 4 star hotel in a tourist town, no one speaks English adequately. You might get lucky and get a receptionist that does but don't expect it. People I've met here that stayed in hostels have better experiences.

2. For a 4 star hotel, they are very unresponsive to email or message left on their answering machine. This was prior to my arrival. It should have raised a red flag ...

The ugly
Service here is nonexistent. It is so ridiculous that you can't imagine it. This is a town that people come exclusively to do the glacier tour and other outdoor activities such as hiking. However, unbelievably, they have no clue about any of these activities. Maybe the reason is that their english or other foreign language is so poor but the end product is that there is no service. They wasted two precious days of my vacation. When I arrived at the hotel, I asked them where I should go to book my glacier tour. Instead of telling me that they had no clue, they told me instead that I should give them the money and they would arrange everything for me. So I gave them the money and when came back later for a voucher, they said that I did not need a voucher and I should just wait at 7am the next morning to be picked up. The rest of the story, no car came to pick me up the next morning and nobody seemed to know anything about my reservation the previous day but they did give me my money back and blamed everything on each other. Also the first day I came here, they said it was too late to do anything when later I found out that there were excursions that start at 1pm. Why pay so much for a supposedly 4 star hotel when you can get better service, better location, and arguably better rooms at much much lower prices

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank kaped0
Reviewed 19 December 2007

We stayed here two nights- very convenient to restaurants - clean rooms although they were much too hot. Unfortunately, leaving the window open means you can hear the barking dogs all night. As others wrote, the breakfasts were fine--I would stay there again

Stayed: November 2007
Reviewed 4 December 2007

We stayed here for 3 days & were delighted by the location & ambience. The staff are friendly & helpful, the rooms are fine (not generously sized, but they work well & have good amenities), especially the quality of linen, & the breakfasts were excellent (unless you want a cooked breakfast).

We'd certainly stay there again, & I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2007

From American's living in Brasil, travelling in Argentina and Chile... very nice hotel, great service, looks brand new in all regards, good location.. 1 block from main street with all shopping, restaurants, et al. Full size king bed - unusual for South America, nice selection of cable tv, 3 high speed internet stations in the lobby. We'd stay here again definitely. Has rustic decor from outside.. but inside is more upscale. Good English, Spanish, German, Portuguese skills at the desk. Wake up calls are in person and prompt. Enjoy Patagonia.. we loved the glaciers here... a wow.

Stayed: February 2007
2  Thank Bob L
Reviewed 17 December 2005

This is a very nice hotel located about a block from the main street in town, and about 3 blocks from the center of town. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel had 3 internet terminal in the lobby and cable internet in the room (I used it with my laptop).

Breakfast is buffet style and included an excellent selection of fruit, breads, and teas as well as bacon and eggs (tho the bacon was undercooked).

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2005