Hosteria Kau Kaleshen
Posada Los Alamos(El Calafate)
US$133
US$115
US$88
US$105
Hotels.com
Hosteria Hainen(El Calafate)(Great Value!)
US$52
Cancelon
All reviewscommon roomquaint hotelin townpay in cashgreat roomtvcalafatewifipatagoniacereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The people working here are so nice. And the vegetarian restaurant here is really nice, not to mention a great deal (which is rare in touristy El Calafate).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vin A
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Located off the main road in El Calafate, I liked this place the moment I entered it. Cristian welcomed us and and was so friendly and helpful you immediately felt comfortable. My room was in one of the small chalets set in the well maintained and tranquil garden, it was cozy, comfortable and nicely styled. Breakfast was fine, not abundant but adequate. All the communal areas were pleasant and comfortable. Didn't try the restaurant so can't comment. Spent 2 nights here before heading to El Chalten, and was really glad to be spending another night here on my return. All the staff were very helpful, and proof that good service can make all the difference.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We got there very late. Regardless of the time Mariano gave us a warm welcome and set us up for a great room upstair. The common areas are super nice. The garden, rooms, location, all great. What really was the highlight was the friendliness of Mariano, Adrian and Cristian. Cool guys, expert in the areas around Calafate. Great customer service. On our way back from Chalten to TDP we stopped by and stayed one more night. Excellent stay. Encantado de conocerlos. Gracias por todo. Volveremos!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I didn't realize this place was offered accommodation, i just went to the restaurant for the food. Tucked into a side street in the tourist-ridden and quite pricey but beautiful El Calafate, Kalushen feels like a combination dining nook/family room. Featuring a menu that is 100% vegetarian with numerous vegan options, their fare is simple but savory. I had the lentil burger--obviously made upon ordering and cooked just right with the edges of the burger all crispy. This comes with a generous serving of brown rice, seasonal vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin), and a very fresh side salad, all for 40 pesos, a steal in this town. I opted to get one of their lunchbox meals for my trek tomorrow, which includes a soy burger sandwich, fruit, water, and a sweet. Can't wait.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 December 2011

I loved Kau Kaleshen. My flight was quite late, but I was still warmly welcomed at the inn and shown to my cozy room. I stayed in a room with two twin beds and the bed I slept in was very comfortable. The shower was perfect with hot water and plenty of it. The room was kept clean. Stepping out every morning into the cute and well maintained garden made for a good start to the day. The breakfast was fine with good quality croissants and the typical cereal and toast to be expected at Argentine breakfasts. I found the staff very friendly and helpful, and willing to answer questions. The vegetarian restaurant attached to the hotel is delightful and an excellent break from all the meat. They also have afternoon teas and fondue. I felt very welcome here. And as another plus, the hotel is very centrally located on a quite street just a block from the main street. It is an easy walk to the bus station as well. The wireless worked very well too, even in my room most of the time. It worked in the restaurant all the time, and there is also a lounge where it worked. The only downside was that the lounge was smoking, so it smelled musty and gross. I would be fine if they made the lounge non-smoking. Otherwise a very pleasant place to stay!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo