Hosteria y Restaurante America
Hostal Del Bosque Apart Hotel(Ushuaia)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$81
Travelocity
US$236
US$217
Hotel Las Lengas(Ushuaia)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
US$162
US$130
All reviewssouth americain townwithin walking distanceyogurtbeagle channeldulce de lecheexcursionshillbathcabpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I have just got back from a business trip in Ushuaia in which I stayed at the Hosteria America for 13 night.

Service was fantastic, the hosts were very friendly and helpful always ready to call me a taxi in the morning or help out with anything else I needed.

The room as great which is what this review is based on, I had room 400 which was the penthouse room, it has as great veiw of the bay from a massive window in the lounge, 2 double beds which were very comfortable, big LED TV and most importantly for me as I needed skype and various other internet enabled programmes for work, the internet was the best that I have had when staying in Ushuaia.
The rooms where nicely heated, not too warm as i have found with a few hotels here.
The rooms were cleaned everyday with fresh towels and bed linin.

The location was fine for me, the walk into town was about 10-15 mins, but the walk is nice enough, and if you dont like walking its about 2 mins in a taxi.

Breakfast was fine, same as I have had in most hotels in Ushuaia, cold cuts, fruit, cerial, bread.. Would be nice to have a hot option such as eggs but its enough to start the day on.

A bonus as well is that it has a resturant so if I was late back from work or tired I could just have a bite to eat there instead of going to the town, the food was fine as I ate there a couple of times.

I would readily stay here again and will be emailing the owners to see if they have room for my next visit :)

Room Tip: Room 400 was the room I had, its the largest of the rooms, this is the only room that I have based my review on.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank jamesh1000000
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Our room was extremely small and pokey and the minimal storage space was virtually inaccessible. The bathroom was small but adequate. Outside the window were the tops of ventilation chimneys churning out recycled hot air.
We arrived in the evening to be told that the restaurant wasn’t open as it was a holiday. We were directed to a restaurant in the town which we were told was 3 minutes walk away but turned out to be 20 minutes in the biting cold winds of Ushuaia.
The photos used on the internet to “sell” this hotel give a better impression than the reality. We cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a hotel nearer the centre of town.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lindria42
hosteria_America, Propietario at Hosteria y Restaurante America, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We appreciate your review for tripadvisor, we regret that your stay was not pleasant, your room is 3 x 4 meters in area, and has two closets (one for ladies and one for gentlemen) with two drawers each, also has 2 spaces of 1 cubic meter to place all the equipment you want, which enters enough for a stay of 6 nights. Also the room had a king size bed and one single bed. We are just one block from the center, any passenger who enters into google maps can see all the shops / restaurants / etc that are just a few meters from our hotel.
However, their criticism helps us improve our services and will be taken into account to make the changes necessary for a pleasant and enjoyable stay. We wish we have them again as customers to see our changes.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

I had to take this as all other were full. Got the worst possible room, next to the reception, where I could here everything happening late at night and early in the morning. I also could hear the couple in the next room very well....
Extremely overpriced at 120 dollar.
Staff friendly and helpful though

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank mb10000
Reviewed 30 January 2011

The accommodation was excellent for us. We called a day before and the reception guy spoke English, what is not usual in Argentina. The staff helped us also with information about excursions. It was a really pleasant stay in a nice room with a great view. And this after a terrible stay in a Puerto Madryn hostel. We can really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We had to call the police and could never stay in this hotel! we had a proper and confirmed reservation for 3 nights made on the internet but at arrival (10pm!), the owner told us that there was a problem: there was not a room for us but we had to change room every night! He did not let us stay just for 1 night (it was very late), he said that we could either stay the 3 nights (changing room every day) or leave. As we were trying to insist because we had a proper reservation accepted by the hotel, he said to us to go away! so we had to call the police and only then he booked another hotel for us (a miserable one, we found out later on!). When leaving he shouted that we should not go to Argentina!!!
They don't deserve to have hosts!!!! how can they live without tourists?!?

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple