Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego

from US$150.59
from US$32.50
from US$101.00
7,826 results
All reviews post office beautiful park national park coastal trail tierra del fuego the pan american highway walking trails visitor center great hiking bus tour rented a car bahia lapataia entrance fee beagle channel ensenada bay natural beauty bird life
Reviewed 12 March 2015

We arrived in early February by cruise ship in the morning in Ushuaia. The town is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. Especially if the weather is as nice as it was for us (15 degrees and sunshine). We did not pre-book a tour but took just one from the parking place next to the Harbour. It cost us 10 USD per Person. They drove us with a mini van into the park and stopped at different locations. We had the chance to trek by ourselves and were only picked-up in the afternoon again. Very nice opportunity to see the beautiful scenery. You can see the mountains, the clear-blue water and the Beagle Channel. Very peaceful. I really do recommend to not take an organised cruise ship tour as these had to cater for their older clientele and not a lot of Walking was involved. You can however only experience the true nature of this park while on foot or in a canoe.

1  Thank Kristina08_11
Reviewed 11 March 2015

The shore excursion we took from Princess included 3/4 of a day tour of City of Ushuaia as well as visit to the National Park. We've now been to the end of the world and the end of the Pan American highway. The scenery in the park is excellent and we were able to dip our hands in the Beagle Channel waters...brrrr. The surrounding mountains were great backdrop to the area. There was also a stop at Lago Asagami, a beautiful lake. The city reminded us of an Alpine village with snow capped mountains in background. People were friendly and helpful. Got our end-of-the-world passport stamps.

1  Thank Martha E
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Trekking and canoeing into the Park was a great experience. Flora and Fauna are very interesting and it's a lovely environment.

Reviewed 9 March 2015

It's the first time I saw green sand and I liked it ( already saw yellow, white, black, red, marron sand but not green).
The forest trees near the lake are just fabolous.

Reviewed 7 March 2015

As a former Ridgerunner on the Appalachian Trail I appreciate good hiking areas and would have enjoyed hiking the National Park. However, this was not to be as our time in the park was limited. I certainly envied those I did see hiking there. I would certainly want to join those on the trails during my next visit. Layer up for a variety of weather conditions!

Date of experience: March 2015