For the couple days we stayed in Ushuaia, I would have preferred being closer to town, but Green House suited all our criteria, was good value, clean and staff were awesome. Taxis were plentiful and quick and all knew where to go when you said "Green House".
It was a 50 pesos ($5 or so) taxi ride each time into town. The hotel is further from town than the airport.
Nice lobby, great people although noone had strong English skills, beautiful view of the water and mountains (although construction behind the hotel seems to be growning).
Agree with comments on breakfast - a bit sparse but adequate to start the day.
From here we did the boat tour to the end of the world lighthouse, penguin tour, helicopter ride.
the best morning was a bit unplanned - getting a taxi tour.
One of our taxi drivers was just awesome and I asked him if he would give us a tour on the morning we were to leave for the airport. He did that and then brought us right to the airport. I asked if I could post his name because he was the best part of our visit to Ushuaia. He's in the tourist trade and is in Ushuaia because he's done about 15 trips to Antartica. He knows the area well. His english is excellent and he's got a great sense of humour. Juan Carlos took us into Tiera Del Fuego park and showed us the highlights - he know flora and fauna, history and park stories. All in all a fantastic bargain tour.
Contact Juan Carlos Gjeda, Mobile: 15 52 47 39 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is about ten minutes out of town, overlooking the Beagle Channel, 12 rooms with bathroom and fantastic views of the mountains and the bay, hydromassage bathroom, King size bed, Internet access, central heating, telephone, safe, and cable TV. Non-smoking rooms available. Facilities: Large lounge and bar on first floor for a relaxing drink among friends, conference/meeting rooms, TV room, and a permanent exhibition of paintings by local artists. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hosteria Ushuaia Green House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Ushuaia Green House Hotel Ushuaia
- Hosteria Ushuaia Green Hotel