“We liked it a lot”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Rio Verde, Ecuador
“We liked it a lot”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

We were wlecomed by the staff and felt right at home. The service was great as was the food.

Visited March 2012

Atlanta, Georgia
“Good for vegetarians”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I guess this little restaurant is good for vegetarians looking for a place with more options. I found the ambiance non-existing, the food a tad too experiential, and the experience a bit blah. Disclaimer: I'm an unrepentant carnivore and there are better places for meats in Banos than this one.

Visited January 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food for everyone.”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

A few of my friends are vegetarian so it was hard to find a resturant in Banos where we could all order something. El Paisano had a large selection of vegetarian food and meat dishes to choose from. There were a few small problems such as random opening times, but in all my friends and I were very pleased. It was not like most resturants in Banos, nothing is fried, only cooked. It had a nice environment and friendly service, next time I come back to Banos I will be sure to go to El Paisano again.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Carly P
Denver, Colorado
“Great for Vegetarian and anti cancer people”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Dont´ try to order french fries, you´ll get an anti fried food speach. EXCELLENT food and atmosphere, covered by the owners art work. Good food, if a little tiny bit slow service, but the atmosphere makes up for that. VIVA PAISANO!!!!!

Visited January 2012
Ottawa, Canada
“Great place to eat in Banos. Interesting decor and friendly owner.”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Went here one of our evenings on Banos after reading positive reviews. It was in close proximity to our hostel. Similar to the other reviews the ambiance and decor doesn't really give it a typical restaurant feel, but this makes it interesting.

As for the food I can only speak for the pizza because that's what we ordered. It was awesome and probably the best homemade pizza I have had in Ecuador.

What makes the experience even better is that the owner marcello is also a local artist and quite talented. Be sure to look at his work and ask about his art which is tastefully arranged in the dining area. We ended up buying two small pieces to take home.